Hi all

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hi all

Postby seka » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:31 pm

My name is Dave. I recently purchased (in my GF's name of course) 9 rai of rubber trees in the south of Bueng Kan province. I didn't really purchase the land as a rubber investment, but as a sheltered spot to build a retirement home. I am still employed as an expat in India and have been commuting back and forth for over a year now. My retirement is still several months off and I don't plan to start any construction until I move permanently. I still have some time so I want to learn as much as I can and not repeat other people's mistakes. I'm only going to do this once, so I want to do it right.
seka

Re: Hi all

Postby MGV12 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:16 pm

seka wrote:My name is Dave. I recently purchased (in my GF's name of course) 9 rai of rubber trees in the south of Bueng Kan province. I didn't really purchase the land as a rubber investment, but as a sheltered spot to build a retirement home. I am still employed as an expat in India and have been commuting back and forth for over a year now. My retirement is still several months off and I don't plan to start any construction until I move permanently. I still have some time so I want to learn as much as I can and not repeat other people's mistakes. I'm only going to do this once, so I want to do it right.

Welcome to CTH Dave. Look forward to hearing more about your plan in due course.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby pipoz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:47 pm

Welcome Dave,

I am in Udon Thani (well sometimes) just down the road from you some 200Kms.

I haven't retired yet (thats still a few years away), but have recently purchased some land near Udon Thani in my TG's name and have started to go through the establishment phase, such as land filling, now moving onto fences, intial landscaping, fish ponds and next year house construction.

Regards

Phil
pipoz

Postby geordie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 pm

And another welcome to CTH how far have you got with the planning stage do you have an idea on your requirements ? bungalow / two story / shop house ?
Not making the same mistakes will take substantial dedication living on site and watching every move ? the law of murphy is engrained here if it can go wrong it will and don,t ever beleive it cannot be screwed up : it can :shock:
But when the dust settles and the stress has worn of you can be proud of what you acheived and that a good feeling
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Return to Introduce Yourself