Hi from Sangkha

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hi from Sangkha

Postby jawdoe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Hey all

my names Jordan, been living on and off for the last 4 years in Thailand (Sangkha) and Australia. I started building a place between prasat and surin in my Thai gf's village. This did not go as planned..lets just say its a trial and error type of situation..;). Huge learning curve for myself. Now I have regrouped and found a post on another forum linking me to this one..I'm read that u can build a 2-3 house for 800,000 baht..so I'm here to find out more.
jawdoe

Re: Hi from Sangkha

Postby geordie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Make a bit of allowance for inflation :wink: its all on the finishing really and of course choice of materials
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby pattayapope » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Welcome to the forum, as Geordie says depends on your expectations and choice of materials. Practically you cannot build for less than 5,000 baht m3 unless you hire labour only and if you want something half decent you will need to be there 24/7. For 800,000 Baht you could probably build three very small bungalows with very basic finishing but you would have to be very carefull with your budget.

Good look anyway and hope it works out to your satisfaction[*] :D
pattayapope

Postby MGV12 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Yes welcome to CTH.

Were you referring to this house? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2142

The original house ended up costing around 300,000 THB more than the budget and prices have risen since. He did propose another plan at the end of the thread which he thought could be done for 900,000 THB, with very careful management and hands-on assistance by him but even that would likely be over the million at today's prices.

Good luck with whatever you decide upon.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby jawdoe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 pm

MGV12 wrote:Yes welcome to CTH.

Were you referring to this house? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2142

The original house ended up costing around 300,000 THB more than the budget and prices have risen since. He did propose another plan at the end of the thread which he thought could be done for 900,000 THB, with very careful management and hands-on assistance by him but even that would likely be over the million at today's prices.

Good luck with whatever you decide upon.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah that's it, found on another forum tho.... yeah I'm budgeting for 1.6m baht anyway.. but if theres a way to knock off a few hundred thousand I'd be happy :).
jawdoe

Postby pattayapope » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Again I miss read your original post and thought you wanted to build 2 or 3 houses instead of a 2 or 3 bedroom house. If you don't expect anything too fancy plan on 8 - 10,000 baht m2 and don't forget all those extras like hot water heaters, AC and furnishings can soon eat up a few 100,000 baht.

Anyway best of luck with the build [*] :D
pattayapope

Return to Introduce Yourself