Hello everyone

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello everyone

Postby Breizh29 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:22 am

Hello evreyone,
Let me to introduce myself : I am 58 years old, french, married with Thai since 17 years and living in France. First of all I apologize for my English but I promise to make an effort.
I'm retired for 3 years and the call of the country is too strong for my wife.
we came to settle in the village where she was born in Isan (Sisaket province) and where we are going to build a small house on land that belongs to her.
I still need to read the posts and for me when the time comes, I will keep you informed ...
Have a good day ...
Breizh29

Re: Hello everyone

Postby geordie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:04 am

Welcome to CTH hopefully you will find the information you need but feel free to ask questions
There are a few people here for whom english is not their first langauge so do not worry if yours is not perfect it looked pretty good on your introduction
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:48 am

A warm welcome to you ... look forward to reading your story.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Yes welcome to CTH. Hope you find information that helps with your future build.

Lived with my wife in Canada for over ten years before the pull of Thailand brought us back here. That was some thirteen years now and turned into one of the best moves I ever made. :D
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby elgato » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Welcome and do keep us informed of your house plans.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby Breizh29 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Hello again :wink:
Reconnected with the world, I'm back on the site.
Set in the land of smiles since late October, we spent three months at the hotel (a small resort) and took the opportunity to backfill ground on the homestead. A rice field where we added a meter of soil.
Wake rather than staying at the hotel we bought a small Thai style bungalow that we inhabit.
I built a separate bathroom. My brother in law was the builder. I want to see if he is able to build our future home with a standard 'non-Thai' and from what I saw I'm not sure!
Next step in early April: construction of a wall on the ground backfilled around the bungalow and a kitchen for a bungalow fully complete.

I'll probably create a thread on the wall where I can ask my questions and show you the progress.
Breizh29

Return to Introduce Yourself