Introducing myself, Kamphaeng phet area

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Introducing myself, Kamphaeng phet area

Postby oxo » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:54 am

Hi
Just thought I would add my piece to this forum. Last year finally purchased four acres near my fiancees village. The land has now been cleared and one acre has been made up for building. Hopefully at the end of next year I will have sufficient funds to start on the house. By this time the land should have settled as well. At the moment can only spend two months in Thailand per year due to contracts but in Two years thats it.
Now looking for plans and ideas, just glad we now have The Cool Thai House. :D
oxo

Re: Introducing myself, Kamphaeng phet area

Postby billd766 » Sun May 01, 2005 12:38 am

oxo wrote:Hi
Just thought I would add my piece to this forum. Last year finally purchased four acres near my fiancees village. The land has now been cleared and one acre has been made up for building. Hopefully at the end of next year I will have sufficient funds to start on the house. By this time the land should have settled as well. At the moment can only spend two months in Thailand per year due to contracts but in Two years thats it.
Now looking for plans and ideas, just glad we now have The Cool Thai House. :D

Hi Oxo
I also live near Khampaeng Phet just outside of the village of Klong Lan Pattana. I have been there since last August except when I am working away like now. My wife was present when the house was being built and I used to come up at the weekends.
Now I am working in Pakistan and come back every 8 to 10 weeks.
I am trying to convince my wife to get a borehole drilled but she keeps telling me that the government has banned this now.
I love it up there and I look forward to coming home all the time, however the money is good here.
billd766 :D
Billd766
billd766

Location: Klong Lan Pattana in Northwest Thailand and Pakistan

Postby oxo » Thu May 05, 2005 1:17 am

Hi Billd766

Just looked you up on my map, not far. When I first visited LOS it was to Phuket , what a difference to village life. Was going to buy a property there and on one trip met ,thru a friend, my fiancee. We now have a Baby daughter of 5 months called Orawee.
I have a deep bore hole on my land which still provides water. There is a drought on at the moment and alot of people are loosing their crops. That could be the reason why you cannot create a bore hole at this time.
My lady went to the Goverment Office to sort out the deeds for our land and was told to come back next year. They are in a real panic over this water shortage and the temperatures apparently are a litle bit higher this time around.
Anyway hope to see you some time in LOS and enjoy Pakistan.
oxo

government ban on bore hole wells

Postby dozer » Thu May 05, 2005 8:29 am

I've heard about this 'soft ban' on bore hole wells around this area for over a year. At least here, people still can get them done with a problem, despite the official policy against it.
dozer
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself