Hi everyone!

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hi everyone!

Postby MaiKowJai » Sun May 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi

I am a Canadian guy living in Thailand now with my wife (Thai). I have been splitting time between Canada and Thailand for about 5 years now. We have just put a deposit on some land and are looking to start building sometime in October/November. Hopefully the rains will have stopped by then.

We will be building in Rayong.
MaiKowJai

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Makmak456 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Welcome to CTH. Lots of great info on here.
Mark
Makmak456

Postby sirineou » Tue May 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Welcome to the forum
it contains a lot of good information, and the members are well behaved and always willing to help.
The way I utilized this forum is to read as many of the building stories and other forum subjects as I could, and make notes,
I have made folders in my "favorites" part of my browser, such as Perimeter wall, roof, walls, floor, etc.
and every time II read a post I find contains information I can use in the future, I save a link to it under the appropriate heading.
so that when ever I am involved in a project I don't have to re-invent the wheel.
I recently build a perimeter wall around our property, and I found this system to be invaluable, in designing the wall, and checking costs and building techniques .
So Jump in there and don't be afraid to ask questions and/or offer advise.
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby MGV12 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:52 pm

sirineou wrote:The way I utilized this forum is to read as many of the building stories and other forum subjects as I could, and make notes,
I have made folders in my "favorites" part of my browser, such as Perimeter wall, roof, walls, floor, etc.
and every time II read a post I find contains information I can use in the future, I save a link to it under the appropriate heading.

Could you pop round and organise my filing system [?] when you get some free time? :)

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby sirineou » Tue May 29, 2012 6:13 pm

MGV12 wrote:
sirineou wrote:The way I utilized this forum is to read as many of the building stories and other forum subjects as I could, and make notes,

Could you pop round and organise my filing system [?] when you get some free time? :)

Back in New York now, have being here for about a week now, and I still cant sleep at night,
Later today we will pack the old car, and head for Florida, a 16 hour trip, still have trouble adjusting driving on the right side again, If I don't kill my self, I would be happy to help you organize,when I com back to LOS
but be advised I don't work cheap,
It will cost you several beers, and not the cheap stuff, I want Singha. :)
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Return to Introduce Yourself