house in nonsung korat

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

house in nonsung korat

Postby jayboatman » Sat May 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi, new to the site, we are lucky that my wifes parents gave us a beautifull bit of land in nonsung korat,with road access and overlooking the lake and wat.

So...we have the land where do we start finding a builder? Ok i have worked in the building trade for 25 years in th UK. First as a joiner on building sites then progressed to building narrowboats, which i do now.

I build narrowboats so all about contracts stage builds and construction and there pitfalls.

So because of this i know that finding the right builder to start with is essential, i would definatly pay more money for a builder who can speak english and have a good track record with builds and have good recomendations.
Does anybody know of one? Ive seen <company name removed - mod> websites and he looks good.
Really we want just the main structure,roof and internal walls wiring and plumbing tails and windows.

Would appreciate any feedback from someone who know what they are talking about.

Going on forums when sorting out my wifes tourist then spouse visa i know there is a lot of false info and bum leads out there......on that subject....we did all the visas ourselves and it was easy. So anybody who needs a bit of true straight talking on that matter, i would be happy to help, dont be scared off by all the horror stories told to you by guys and ladies sat around drinking chang waffling on about something they know nothing about.Also dont get sucked in by visa agencies wanting stupid amounts of money for doing something that is straightforward and easy to do.

thanks jay and ning
jayboatman

Re: house in nonsung korat

Postby fredlk » Sat May 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Hello and welcome.
jayboatman wrote:Would appreciate any feedback from someone who know what they are talking about.

I think you'll find that most of the members here fit that category.
jayboatman wrote:i know there is a lot of false info and bum leads out there

I suggest you spend some time reading the forum and some of the thousands of topics and you will see that this is not a place where you'll find "a lot of false info and bum leads".
fredlk

Re: house in nonsung korat

Postby jazzman » Sat May 19, 2012 7:36 pm

jayboatman wrote:Does anybody know of one? Ive seen <company name removed - mod> websites and he looks good.
Making recommendations through the forum is generally frowned on,because some members may be connected with the construction industry; such postings are likely to deleted by the moderators.

That said, I know miuch of Isan rather well, but I've never come across any farang oriented builders in the Korat area or indeed in the whole province. Most of them are located in or near cities with a larger Western contingent such as Khon Kaen and Udon Thani, and Korat would probably be out of their area. Best thing to do would be to thoroughly search the internet, certainly the more serious 'firms' (or even some of the less serious ones) might have a web site.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to Introduce Yourself