HELLO EVERYONE !

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

HELLO EVERYONE !

Postby Bergy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:42 am

Hello,

My name is Rob and married to a Thai girl 2 years back. I'm from Canada but have been working in Bermuda as a Project Manager for a local General Contractor building $10 mil + projects for the past 9 years, and we are planning to build in the Ubon Ratchathani area in 2013. We have purchased 8 rai land last year and we have already cleared the land (saving the large trees), installed the fencing, raised the area of where the buildings will be constructed, have a temperary building constructed with a washroom, and well. I have been designing the home the past few years and will start a new thread on the "my build story" later on.
I have been reading this forum for the past 2 years, reading all the stories (good and bad) and finally joined last year. My background for the past 27 yeas has been nothing but building construction, which will help in Thai building. My brother in-law has been building in the ubon area for the past 20 years and has built for Furrang and is well awair of their likes and dislikes, so this will also help.
When my wife and I return to Thailand, we will start our build story and share with everyone.

Rob
Bergy

Re: HELLO EVERYONE !

Postby geordie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:27 am

Welcome to the forum given your background go and get stocked up with valium so you can stand the stress of building in thailand you need the patience of two saints,s :lol: :lol: we have had documented a few smooth builds with minor hickups unfortunately they are a minority hopefully yours will raise that number a bit especially if your Brother in law will listen
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:34 am

Hi Rob ... welcome to CTH.

At least you appear to be starting with your ducks in a row ... which helps.

Some do get a smooth build here as long as they pay close attention. Chok Dee

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Bergy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:13 am

Thank you Geordie and Chok Dee

After reading many horror stories, I have prepared myself for this new venture. In my past works, schedule was always key, and from reading the build stories, schedule is not going to be my pressure points. My wife owns a house 25 minutes from our build and we have already planned to live there as long as we need. I will be the project manager looking after cost, schedule, and what materials to purchase and when, and with the help of my brother in-law he has the connections on where to buy the materials I seek. There are building supply stores near our home and they just built a Home Hub in the city which I spent a good time looking at materials and their cost, which I was impressed on most part.
I'm looking forward for this build and helpful comments from this forum.
Bergy

Return to Introduce Yourself