Manchester to Chiangmai

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Manchester to Chiangmai

Postby manccm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:41 am

Hello to everyone from an ex Mancunian ( a former resident of Manchester UK, for anyone unfamiliar with the term ).Been visiting Thailand on business/ pleasure now for 8 or 9 years and have a wonderful Thai wife of 4 years.( that's NOT her age just the length of our relationship lol). Pretty much retired now and spending all of our time looking at plots of land in and around Chiangmai with a view to attempting our own self build.Having sleepless nights already !!! Will this be the best thing I have ever done or am I putting my head into an ever tightening noose? Watch this space.Chok dee to everyone. Trev
manccm

Re: Manchester to Chiangmai

Postby fredlk » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:22 am

manccm wrote:Will this be the best thing I have ever done or am I putting my head into an ever tightening noose?

I would say a loose-fitting noose, but at the end of the rope will be a Thai pulling it tighter. :lol:
I suggest you read many of our building stories and see the nightmares and obstacles some or most of us had. I'm pretty happy and easygoing, but even I felt like murdering at times.
Good luck and don't forget to share all with us, the ups as well as the downs.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi Trev ... welcome to CTH

Glad you cleared up the fact that your wife is older than many of my shirts :)

Most important question as we will be neighbours .... Red or Light Blue?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby manccm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Amongst my (many) faults is my preference for all things blue ! My main ( make that only) claim to fame in LOS is that I shook hands with a very shy retiring Thai at CIty's ground a few years ago called Khun Thaksin Shinawatra .More than a few supporters were surprised that their Budweiser had been replaced by Chang at least for a short time.:-) Sorry hope that won't be held against me by too many CTH members.
manccm

Postby MGV12 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:27 am

manccm wrote:Amongst my (many) faults is my preference for all things blue !

So is mine ... but on this occasion :roll:

Still ... it's only a game ... even tomorrow night!

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby tangaroa67 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi Trev,

Welcome to CTH! I'm a season ticket Blue who'll be making the move to Chiang Rai later this year, so we'll be (no so near) neighbours.

Hope you find the plot you want, your build goes to plan and we win the damn league!

Best regards,

Luke
tangaroa67

Return to Introduce Yourself