Now building in Ubon Ratchathani

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Now building in Ubon Ratchathani

Postby bkloer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:48 pm

My name is Bob, and my wife and I are building out in the middle of rice farms. The house is on 12 concrete poles, high enough to walk under the actual living space. The entire living space on top of these poles is six meters by nine meters, with an additional 3x3m balcony centered on a 9-meter side, which overlooks a pond. The rest of the house is wood. To date (24-2-2012), the floor, rafters/trusses, wall "framing", gypsum roof pieces, and steps leading to the balcony, are finished. My wife's father and a couple other older "spervisors" are the project managers. They then hire capable laborers.

I've not seen the structure yet, as I work in Oman. I'm sure to have questions as this project continues, and am glad to be a member of this forum.
bkloer

Re: Now building in Ubon Ratchathani

Postby martin b » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:22 am

Hi bkloer, welcome to TCH good luck with your build and I look forward to hearing more about it. I too have just started to build in Ubon and hope to post some pictures later, where abouts in Ubon are you building? We are in Lao sua kok.
Cheers martin
martin b

Postby payebacs » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 am

Hi Bob. Will you be visiting the build soon? It may be finished by the time you get back!
Saving for my next holiday. And for my build.
payebacs

Postby bkloer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:47 pm

We've an issue with a palm tree on the back of our under-construction build . The problem is the palm fruit drops on the roof and breaks the roof tiles. I think we should figure out a way to keep the palm fruit from dropping onto the roof WITHOUT cutting down the palm tree. There must be a way. I love that tree. Even paying somebody to go up the tree to cut-and-gather the fruit into a bag. Does anyone out there have any other ideas? I've seen these palm fruits, and they are big and heavy.

RE Martin b: We're building in Non Kong, around 22 km outta Ubon toward Yasothon.
RE payebacs: I hope to visit the building site in July. My wife is there now.
bkloer

Postby payebacs » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:45 am

bkloer wrote:I think we should figure out a way to keep the palm fruit from dropping onto the roof WITHOUT cutting down the palm tree.
Maybe a net of some sort or spare mattrass on the roof :)
Saving for my next holiday. And for my build.
payebacs

Return to Introduce Yourself