Intro

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Intro

Postby papagolf » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi, name is papagolf. Retired and living in Udon for 5yrs now. Have house in an estate/development about 6yrs old. Join this site to gain ideas/knowledge for DIY projects around my home.
papagolf

Re: Intro

Postby MGV12 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Welcome on board papagolf

Did you build the house you are living in? Major or minor DIY projects?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby papagolf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 am

Thanks for the welcome. The house was built by PK Thani developer, I believe there are 5 or 6 estates in Udon. For now it's minor DIY projects, more of a hobby and something for me to do. Also, regrettably having to repair/replace a number of things around the house due to the developer using inferior products or adding power outlets were needed.
papagolf

Postby elgato » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Welcome papagolf - tell us about some of the projects you are planning.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby LilBudda » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Wish my DIY projects were as good as adding a few power outlets. I started doing that on grandma's house, and right now I am rewiring the whole house.... The electrician I got done a runner apparently because I said he was "no good" at drilling holes in the walls in the wrong location and the wrong sizes for the outlets, lol.

Anyway welcome, and hopefully you will get some ideas for future DIY projects here from the many CTH members.
LilBudda

Postby papagolf » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 am

Electrical outlets...never one where I need it. I've got that sorted out. My next project is adding height to an existing perimeter wall (back wall of our house). Presently the wall is about 1.2m high or about 4ft, planning on going up about one meter.
papagolf

Postby geordie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:07 pm

first caution is will the foundations take the extension dig a hole next to a post and see how well the wall was put up in the first place you might be better having a metal frame made and conwood fencing same as RR has done on his garage Pak kret
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby papagolf » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:23 am

geordie wrote:first caution is will the foundations take the extension dig a hole next to a post and see how well the wall was put up in the first place you might be better having a metal frame made and conwood fencing same as RR has done on his garage Pak kret

Thanks for the tip. I've actually have some help on this one. I have a brother in law who's an architect and has inspected the wall and foundation and gave a thumbs up.
papagolf

Return to Introduce Yourself