Hello another Australian

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello another Australian

Postby kingston » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:53 am

Hello to all my name is Graham my wife Maysa, we have been married 4years.

We live in Adelaide, South Australia.Australa

While in Thailand we stay in Ban NongMaingam about 15km from BanKruat.

We to are planning to build here some time

(Not sure for me now after the new years eve from hell) dont ask, it goes something like, screaming kids,drunks and distant relations.

Any way i am looking forward to reading more, this is a great forum.

Thanks to all
Graham
kingston

Re: Hello another Australian

Postby geordie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:37 pm

Graham it is possible to enjoy the quiet life in thailand !! you get old and go deaf ! if you are lucky you go blind as well :roll: failing that living in the village can be a bit traumatic
it,s not just the dogs and chickens that will keep you awake the retunrn of daughter,s working in """resteraunts""" causes many a drunken party and many a drunken brawl in the village where mil live,s and can be a bit of an irritation :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum :)
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby kingston » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:09 pm

[quote="geordie"] you get old and go deaf ! if you are lucky you go blind as well :roll: failing that living in the village can be a bit traumatic

Thanks geordie

Well it looks like it wont improve as i am all ready, OLD ,deaf due to the bloody music and blind (self abuse when younger on my part.

A mate in Australia put it well one night in the shed after a big night on the Bundy rum"if he new he was going to live this long he would have taken better care of him self when younger"next thing he fell off his chair. (had to be there funny as hell.

Anyway thanks for the reply
Graham
kingston

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:55 pm

kingston,
Welcome to the forum....that being said don't pay too much notice to geordie, he's a whinging pom and is hiding in England and he won't tell us when he is due out here, even though he's supposed to be conducting a scientific experiment with me on gliffaes wife's car.... whether it will float or sink in the brownish murky waters of the Chao P river.
But I will say this, it pays to be deaf at times. As far as the noisy relatives are concerned, just punch them, the fine is only 500 baht if they're capable of laying a complaint.
The best way to greet the relatives is by setting a few dogs on them (preferably Queensland Blue heelers) and then they won't bother you after that.... or you could always mount a machine gun at the entrance to the house, which would also serve the same purpose.
Good luck when you start building... it's always interesting to see Aussies battle the elements.
Roger Ramjet

Postby pipoz » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Welcome, and I am new to this forum.

I was born in sleepy Adelaide many years back and was actually there on New Years Eve 2010.

When you move to Thailand my advice is, find a hobby and that way you automatically have a reason to escape the In laws or Out laws, as I call them

Regards

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:11 am

Hi Graham, As a Pom who has been living in Sydney for over 50 yrs I consider myself an Aussie mainly, although I do confess to "Rooting " for the Poms when their R.L. team come over.(The Kangaroo's are too bloody good though) That aside this Forum is great for all the info on all topics and I'am sure when you start your build, that you will get all the help that you could want . "Been there ,done that" is the best way to have learnt what not to do, as there can be some costly exercises in building in Thailand for the first time "Farang" . Welcome aboard.
Mike Judd

Postby krisb » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Graham, Im from Adelaide. That kinda makes us neighbours I suppose! Im in Croydon here and Chumphae over there :lol:
krisb

Postby geordie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:46 am

Kris b pm me i am just off the Purley way in a temporary hovel for a month waiting for pets pasports and as you are a relatively close neighbour over there as well (chayaphum - khaen khro ) about 20 mins from you both countrys :lol: we can get a coffee or something not really a drinker although i did visit a pub last year :lol: :lol: :lol:
geordie

Postby geordie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 am

Hello again kris i think i may get a geography lesson soon :lol: bumped across you on another thread and suddenly it occured there may be a croydon in Australia ?? if so ignore the pm i sent :mrgreen: i will not pop round for coffee however i am croydon surrey England and if you are in that one :D give me a bell :D
geordie

Return to Introduce Yourself