Building in Ranong

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Building in Ranong

Postby mrblackhat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi everyone, We have broken ground on what will be our house in Ranong. Got lots of questions, any advice and suggestions would be appreciated. At the moment, I'm particularly interested like how to source hard to find items like roof tie downs and double glazed windows. Thanks very much, Mark
mrblackhat

Re: Building in Ranong

Postby MGV12 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 pm

mrblackhat wrote:Hi everyone, We have broken ground on what will be our house in Ranong. Got lots of questions, any advice and suggestions would be appreciated. At the moment, I'm particularly interested like how to source hard to find items like roof tie downs and double glazed windows. Thanks very much, Mark

Welcome to CTH Mark ... look forward to hearing more about your build ... could you post the plans to give us an idea of what your building?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby otis-a » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:19 pm

welcome and gr8 2 hear of new build. I am way 800km n of bkk so can offer no advice on sources down ur way. There are several regulars down ur way & hope they assist u goot e nuf. :o)-
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby mrblackhat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:25 pm

HI MGV 12, excellent suggestion. here's the plan. we've started the foundation. it will be a two level house, bottom level for either parking or storage, the idea being to elevate the main portion for reasons which are all too obvious at the moment.
we've never built a house before and are hoping to get it right the first time. i'm not on site, the project manager (aka mrsblackhat) is running the show. any help and suggestions much appreciated, we need all the help we can get.
thanks, mark
Attachments
house plan.jpg
our future house in ranong
mrblackhat

Postby elgato » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Welcome Mark! Posting pictures of the build in progress will probably result in a flurry of comments and suggestions from the sages here at CTH :wink:
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby Happy Ban » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Make a door for the toilet from the livingroom....
Happy Ban

Postby Happy Ban » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:18 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhh I saw it now you design 2 bathrooms, I was a little bit tired, but no alcohol........
Happy Ban

Postby elgato » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:51 am

What's going on with the build, Mark?
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Return to Introduce Yourself