photos of you, your nearest and dearest, people and pets

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: photos of you, your nearest and dearest, people and pets

Postby fredlk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:32 am

geordie wrote:.... free to good home,s
.... her mums dogs have a life average of three years thenget run over lost poisened sick so she is off the list suprisingly the wife agree,s :roll:

You keep on about "good homes" but if your mother-in-law's was a "good home" then I fear for the dogs' lives. How do you judge what is a "good" home and what isn't?
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:49 pm

fredlk wrote:
geordie wrote:.... free to good home,s
.... her mums dogs have a life average of three years thenget run over lost poisened sick so she is off the list suprisingly the wife agree,s :roll:

You keep on about "good homes" but if your mother-in-law's was a "good home" then I fear for the dogs' lives. How do you judge what is a "good" home and what isn't?

Fred the mother in law,s is ""off the list of good homes""her dogs have a tendency to be loved and cared for but never seem to get old ?? not really her fault but also add the fact she is old ??
i was against her having a pup but my wife kept on mum want ?? then her latest dog got run over outside the house and the wife agree,s mum is not getting a pup the thing is you could argue it is a good home ?? and blame the drunks in the village responsible for two deaths a snake for a third a poisoning?? and a runaway who do you blame arguably she is unlucky ?something beyond her control but she is not getting one at this moment she even tried i will keep the door closed ?? and the dog can live in the house :shock: its still a no no
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:03 pm

geordie wrote: who do you blame arguably she is unlucky

Thai people in general treat dogs quite differently to us westerners. The builder has a dog which his wife brings every day but if it's not being deloused in her lap it's tied up in the sidecar and not really allowed to be a dog. I think she felt the need for a baby and fluffy is it. Poor thing gets too little exercise, little nutrition and doesn't know how dogs behave. He won't live very long either. Either they're cuddled to death or they're left to roam and scavenge and these too die early deaths because they've never seen a vet, never had good food nor maybe even clean water. The main reason I decided not to let Eddy and Patsy have pups was because I did not want any of them going to a Thai family. I see it too when people visit. Most Thai reel back in disgust when Patsy wants to lick them in greeting or Eddy with his tail wagging wildly puts his front paws up against their legs. There are a few dog lovers and they stand out. One of our policemen, the boss, loves the dogs and they him. He plays with Patsy every day and she gets really excited when she hears his motorbike coming down the road. He often brings them treats like a sausage roll and has given them a number of toys as well. Eddy especially loves the football which he picks up in his teeth and does a runner avoiding the other two.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Her sister next door might take one + easy to observe :roll: and her dogs do see vets get bathed and deloused kept behind a gate away from drunks :evil:
The teacher who was looking after the dogs for us has a very elderly dog that lives in the house :shock: :shock: goe,s out on a lead only sees the vet regular and get a better diet than him unfortunately the poor buggers got cancer so he is fed through a tube a the vets it,s all that,s keeping it alive but spoke to the wife about giving him a loan dog returned to us if he pops it (70 years old) he is two doors away but the other thing is if he pops out he can leave the dog with us same as we do with him
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself