Land Filling and Clearing

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Land Filling and Clearing

Postby pipoz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi , I have two Rai of land just outside Udon Thani ans am looking to have it cleared and sprayed

Any idea on how much per Rai, to have it cleared of some alreday slashed grass and the new weeds that are now about 300mm high, say back to a soil surface?

Any idea on how much per Rai, to have it sprayed with a weed killer, and what sort of chemical weed killer I should ask for? I want the weed killer to disapate over time during the wet season, as in 4 to 6 months, I am loking to plant some more fruit trees, such as mango, coconut, rambutain etc.

Also if you know of a Company or contact (name & phone number) that you can recommend in Udon Thani that is reliable for proper chemical spraying, please advise , much appreciated

Regards
pipoz

Re: Land Filling and Clearing

Postby geordie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 am

pipoz wrote:Hi , I have two Rai of land just outside Udon Thani ans am looking to have it cleared and sprayed

Any idea on how much per Rai, to have it cleared of some alreday slashed grass and the new weeds that are now about 300mm high, say back to a soil surface?

Any idea on how much per Rai, to have it sprayed with a weed killer, and what sort of chemical weed killer I should ask for? I want the weed killer to disapate over time during the wet season, as in 4 to 6 months, I am loking to plant some more fruit trees, such as mango, coconut, rambutain etc.

Also if you know of a Company or contact (name & phone number) that you can recommend in Udon Thani that is reliable for proper chemical spraying, please advise , much appreciated

Regards

Pipos personally i would avoid all weedkillers is it possible to get someone to use a tractor on it and burn / plough in the remains the weeds will be back overnight almost anyway i have never seen stuff grow like it does here Most weedkillers i have come across contain the chemical glysulphate ??(not sure spelling?) suposedly it loses potency on contact with earth ?? If it were me personall i would invest in a means of cutting it (small lawn tractor) or even a small tractor with a grass cutting attachment otherwise you are setting yourself up with a ""future problem "" what will you do when you have four foot of weeds under your trees ??
To give you an idea :roll: 3-4 times a year i cleared a plot of land in UK using 2x24 inch cut lawnmowers 2x strimmers 3 men working and falling over me :( :( 500 sq meters
minimum second cutting 80% would be a labour bill of £240
1st cut 100% would go into two days £400 + (after winter)
It got to me not working and a knackered back so could not do it alone and paying 4 times a year was out :( :( :( so i bought a lawn tractor very old but very very solid actual steel plate instead of pressed tin £750
best money i ever spent alone i can now cut it in 2-1/2 hrs £10 for fuel and no 80% cuts always got through the lot :D :D :D :D the interesting thing is there are still weeds lots of them but they are also mixed with grass when you mow it down you have a nice green covering not bare dirt the mower mulches the cuttings
its got a second twist in the blade to keep the grass airbourne longer so it gets cut several times befor it hits the ground again there it rots eventually but it also slows down the next growth
Here (Rangsit) labour is not cheap its just cost me 900 bahy for 250 meters ?? and about five hours with a strimmer but it was bad (three trucks of grass to dispose of loaded to the roof i declined an offer 0f 1500baht to transport it 1 klm for disposal :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT Rangsit = 5 hours work 2 evenings
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Previous

Return to land