advice/opinion on land price in Lop Buri

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

advice/opinion on land price in Lop Buri

Postby ozzieville » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:05 am

G'Day men

I am looking at buying approx 8 rai of land.
The asking price is 300,000tb/ rai
I have done some research on dd property.com and price seems in the ball park
Wife did offer 2 mill tb ,owner will not move on price..
The land is currently a rice paddy.
The land is located approx 25k's from Lop Buri and approx 8 k's from Khok Samrong
The land is 1.5k's down the concrete road from highway 1, and 5 K's out of the local village of Lum Khao.
My wife has some life long friends in the village and we are being told we a more than welcome to join the community .

This is the location I was looking for as we will be out of the main village.
The land has good road frontage ,power,not sure on water supply..
I have seen a photo of the title deed and found it on google earth.
any thoughts and or opinions will be appreciated
John L.
ozzieville

Re: advice/opinion on land price in Lop Buri

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:57 am

ozzieville wrote:any thoughts and or opinions will be appreciated

There is certain land designated as "monkey cheeks" in the "new" super revised flood plan that nobady has seen but cost 30 trillion. Lop Buri, or areas in Lop Buri were part of the flood mitigation plan but nobody can access the areas through their District Office who will shrug and say talk to the military.
If your land flooded or does flood I would tread warily.
I'd also make sure the land title is a full chanote, not one of those temporary land title deeds that don't really belong to anyone but farmers.
Good luck.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Klondyke » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:30 am

The price what some people are asking is sometimes not only 100% over the reasonable value, even more. Especially, when they see falang. Of course, the rates are very depending on location and the momentary demand in the area.

A good idea is to go to land office, they know what is the actual price in that area.

Another idea is to search in local banks, they offer property seized before, it is usually much cheaper than from private. Especially if it is with a ruined house - or any dull story involved in the property collapsing - no Thai buys it, because of the bad ghosts residing there...
Klondyke

Postby ozzieville » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Thanks for the replys
Some good advice re the land office and will make a few more inquiries re the flooding..
My wife has heard of the "monkey cheeks"and the dam was opened approx 2 years ago and the princess "build " this one..
Maybe this dam yet to be tested..

I am always suspicious of the falang added tax (FAT)..
The reason for this pricing / rai is due the demand for large lots wanted by the nearby solar farm,they have been offering this money but for 100 plus rai's
So knowing how the Thai's work that means all land worth this mut..

The other concern is the current exchange rate,3 weeks ago it was over 27bt/aud now is mid 25
May be worth hanging out a bit longer,but the wife wants to go now,we still have 2 weeks on the option to buy
Wish us luck
John L.
ozzieville

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:50 pm

ozzieville wrote:My wife has heard of the "monkey cheeks"and the dam was opened approx 2 years ago and the princess "build " this one..
Maybe this dam yet to be tested..

The whole idea of the monkey cheeks is to store flood water during floods, then release it after the floods go down. The problem is nobody had a clue just where these monkey cheeks are.... in other words your land might be part of them. And if they overflow, then the surrounding land all becomes monkey cheeks.
During the last two floods the powers that be said they would flood anyones land as long as it protected Bangkok. And being the recipient of the floods for three months I can tell you they lock down every drainage canal, every klong and don't care who gets flooded as long as it's not Bangkok and the Thai elite. The powers that be are under orders. If you read the two flood threads you'll see who the orders come from.
ozzieville wrote:The other concern is the current exchange rate,3 weeks ago it was over 27bt/aud now is mid 25

The Thai Baht is so over valued at the moment it will lead to another crash. All the rich "businessmen" are keeping it high so they can "invest/move" it overseas. All the international investors have left long ago and as the bureaucrats are now at the helm they are milking money right left and center. A prime example is the price of oil, which has dropped dramatically over the last 6 months. Instead of passing on the full drop in price, they are passing on just a few percent. It's the reason your electricity bill hasn't changed much, the price of petrol hasn't changed much and in turn the price of goods hasn't dropped. It's a bubble effect. EGAT and PTT think that them raking in the money is good for the economy when in actual fact it's not. They also think their foreign reserves will cover the international investors funds that have been pulled out, which it won't.
Thailand and Asia went through all this before, but Thailand just hasn't listened and instead appointed the same "minister" to the treasury who sent Thailand down the tubes before. And now they wonder why there are so few tourists coming here..... no bangs for their bucks, so they go to Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines and other places that have a real floating currency and where prices have been lowered in line with the slump in oil prices. Just have a look at any airline ticket coming out of Thai Airways, the fuel tax is the same as it was in the peak.
Hang onto your Aussie dollars for a while, there's a big needle hovering over Thailand just waiting to burst the bubble.
Roger Ramjet

Postby pipoz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:03 pm

[/quote]
The Thai Baht is so over valued at the moment it will lead to another crash. All the rich "businessmen" are keeping it high so they can "invest/move" it overseas. All the international investors have left long ago and as the bureaucrats are now at the helm they are milking money right left and center. ................................................................there's a big needle hovering over Thailand just waiting to burst the bubble.[/quote]

Not sure I agree with all of it Roger, but I do agree with you that the Thai Baht does seem to be on a path of weakening, at least against the USD. Against the AUS, well that may be a different story

USD vs TB: The USD buys more TB these days, :P :lol: Against the USD, the TB has gone from 32.5 TB to the USD in June last year to around 33.8 TB today, with a few ups and down along the way. The Thai Baht actually held its own against the USD from June 2014 up until late April this year, (even though the USD was strengthening against Others), now doubt with some propping up held/intervention, from the Thai Reserve Bank.

It would now appear the Thai Government - Reserve Bank has now made a decision to allow Thai Baht to float somewhat, within the Market, hence a slight weakening from 32.5 - 32.8 TB, out to 33.8 TB over the past two month. Speculation, at this end, is that the Thai Government - Reserve Bank will allow the Thai Baht to ease out to between 34.0 to 34.5 to the USD over the coming months, then Hold it. This will give the Thai economy a lift- boost to Tourism and Manufacture, as Thai holidays will be better value (if you have USD) and Thai Manufacturing will sell/export more goods

Its no different to what USA did a few years back, when they held their dollar low, to revive the US manufacturing-exports markets and so stimulate jobs numbers - And guess what it worked. Just look at the USD Economy now, not totally out of the woods, but appearing much better and slowly getting stronger on Credit. OK, granted the USA had Q E to help them as well, which Thailand does not :lol: :roll: :roll:

Thank G.... my salary is in USD or effective equivalent.

AUS VS TB: The AUS buys less TB these days. :cry: :?: A different roller coaster. From a high of 30.5 TB last June to 25.8 TB the AUS has lost its Oomph. In my view the AUS was over valued last year (between June to Dec 2014) and only found its real value in early January 2015 when it was valued at "one AUS to 82 Cents USD", or "one AUS to 27 TB".

Today's, Australian fundamentals or prospects are not what they were back in 2011, 2012 ans 2013, when the Australian Dollar rose to being stronger than the USD. At that time, Australia was on a "HIgh", speculation was rife and US was "Suppressing" their Dollar. The two coincided and pushed the AUS up beyond its true market, compared to the USD at the time.

Now days, the AUS has come back to earth and the USD has economy-dollar has strengthened, this time they are working against each other. If all goes well in Australia over the next year, the AUS might just drag itself back up to one AUS equals 28 TB.

just my one USD worth

Maybe I should have posted under Money Matters :roll:

My advice to OzzieVille, is "to buy the land at the best non-farang price you can, while you still can, as certain the price of good land in Thailand (I presume it is in a good location), will rise faster in TB, than the the value of the Australian Dollar will increase against the TB.

The longer you leave it the more the chance that the value or asking price of that land will go up. Thai can smell a Farang interested in buying land a mile away and change their mind about selling it almost over night"

pipoz
pipoz

Return to land