soil testing

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

soil testing

Postby rogernel » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:21 pm

I will be filling my land as much as 2 meters of soil before building next year. Several people have recommended testing the soil to determine what type of foundation is required. Others have said 'it's a rice field so to build a heavy 2 story house with tile roof will require pilings no matter what so soil testing is a waste of time." What do you guys think?
rogernel

Re: soil testing

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:02 pm

rogernel wrote:I will be filling my land as much as 2 meters of soil before building next year. Several people have recommended testing the soil to determine what type of foundation is required. Others have said 'it's a rice field so to build a heavy 2 story house with tile roof will require pilings no matter what so soil testing is a waste of time." What do you guys think?

A quick trip to the Or Bor Tor engineer will give you all the answers. He'll have all the maps of the area and will tell you the depths you'll need to go down and what foundations are required.
Roger Ramjet

Re: soil testing

Postby rogernel » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Thanks. I guess I need to meet these guys sooner or later anyway. :D
rogernel

Return to land