Retaining wall construction

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Retaining wall construction

Postby MarkoG » Wed May 28, 2014 7:20 am

Looking for a geotextile fabric and ag drainage pipe supplier in Chiang Rai? Building a1m heighx 25m long x4 retaining walls with large breeze blocks and plan to build the correct way with gravel,geo fibre lined and ag pipe drainge,any ideas and experiance welcome,.thanks.
MarkoG

Re: Retaining wall construction

Postby Mike Judd » Wed May 28, 2014 10:03 am

Well there are plenty of posts on that subject if you look in the index, also look up retaining walls on the Internet which will give you all the info depending on how much of a retaining wall it's going to be against just a wall. Big difference and don't rely completely on a Thai builder to do it right. Walls can sometimes take a few years before falling over ,but they will go eventually if not built right. If you have access to the large blocks you will have no problems , just put in a WIDE foundation with the steel coming up as starters for the blocks which you put vertical as well as horizontal steel in all the way up to any future ground level, fill with a small stone concrete and it will never move.The soil on the wide foundation which is like a L into the wall gives it it's stability. What you do above ground level where it is just a fence is up to you.
Mike Judd

Postby MarkoG » Wed May 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Thanks for the reply Mike,Im fairly well up on construction methods from Aussie designs and standard,mine is how you describe also.Im really after a local supplier of Geo fibre and ag pipe in Chiang Rai area???? Landscape supplies or a certain hardware store I have not located yet..Any CR builders up on this info???
MarkoG

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed May 28, 2014 7:54 pm

MarkoG wrote:Thanks for the reply Mike,Im fairly well up on construction methods from Aussie designs and standard,mine is how you describe also.Im really after a local supplier of Geo fibre and ag pipe in Chiang Rai area???? Landscape supplies or a certain hardware store I have not located yet..Any CR builders up on this info???

You will probably find neither. For Geo fibre use shade cloth. For ag pipe start drilling holes or cutting slits in blue PVC.

But if you do find either please post the info.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby pattayapope » Thu May 29, 2014 7:11 am

A friend got some from Chonburi said they used miles of it on the new airport, if you or your friend/partner try google in Thai you might be lucky. For sure it is available but might be difficult to find in your area.
pattayapope

Postby jazzman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:50 am

For ag pipe, drilling holes, or cutting slits (with an angle grinder) in PVC pipe is the way it's done most economically here. That's how I drain my land.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby pattayapope » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:36 am

Google wulwith thailand they are importer stockist of geotextile ect they wont sell direct but will put you in touch with local stockist, my friend got the special pipe and geotextile from a place near Chonburi, but should have some place closer to your area.
pattayapope

Return to land