Nor sor 3/Naw saw 3 legalities

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Nor sor 3/Naw saw 3 legalities

Postby vanda » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am

Hi guys I've been seeing a lot of land for sale lately that is labeled as NS3, but I haven't been able to find all the legal information of what this type of deed entails. I know it's not the same as the Chanot and to be honest would be reluctant to buy land if it can't be owned outright. Any info you can give is much appreciated, cheers guys.
vanda

Re: Nor sor 3/Naw saw 3 legalities

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:50 pm

vanda wrote:Hi guys I've been seeing a lot of land for sale lately that is labeled as NS3, but I haven't been able to find all the legal information of what this type of deed entails. I know it's not the same as the Chanot and to be honest would be reluctant to buy land if it can't be owned outright. Any info you can give is much appreciated, cheers guys.

Here you go: http://www.siam-legal.com/realestate/th ... -deeds.php
Roger Ramjet

Postby thailazer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Nor Sor 3 can be converted to a Chanote in most districts, but you need to check with your land office first. We bought three plots of it and the conversion process took about 60 days with no extra fees. Friends that have done the same but in a different part of the country, have had to pay rather high fees to entice the office to complete the process.
thailazer

Postby vanda » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Perfect. Cheers for that guys.
vanda

Postby thailazer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:54 am

One additional item.... The land office will come and survey your property and then place official concrete boundary markers. They also have a petition process where your neighbors can submit some type of opinion. Never understood that part of it very well but it pays to have a good relationship with who is on the other side of the fence.
thailazer

Postby MGV12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:16 am

thailazer wrote:One additional item.... The land office will come and survey your property and then place official concrete boundary markers. They also have a petition process where your neighbors can submit some type of opinion. Never understood that part of it very well but it pays to have a good relationship with who is on the other side of the fence.

Very true.

Also be prepared for the size of the land on the deed to be reduced. So-called left over land may be included when the land is under Nor Sor 3 title [although you can't/shouldn't build a permanent structure on it] but will be excluded on the Chanote deed.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Return to land