Question of Building house in raw land Sakon nakhon

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Question of Building house in raw land Sakon nakhon

Postby Thailover » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Hey everyone!

I would like to have some good advice from you , thank you for your time in advance!
I am now building a new house in wanoniwat, It is in the middle of sakon nakhon and udon thani district.

Well.. Indeed the house is built for my business propose and we have pretty tight budget in building it. We do not know anyone or any contacts for reference but according to her step-dad 100k-150k will be enough. This discussion drag for few weeks and end up her friend was a builder designer and we ask him to design and caculate out the costs for our house building which i mention to him that i want to be cement ground and walls.

what i learnt about soil to build a house,

1: Soil filling to build a certain level ( i paid 300 baht per small soil truck and order 30 of them = 9k thai baht ) And it is not enough and require additional of 10 big truck 400 baht each.
2. Soil is loose and require daily watering , or rain water to harden it, so when we build the house it will have a good base. Or i can hire a truck( i am trying to find the name of truck ) to roll over it and harden it to speed up the progress else i gonna wait 1-2months for soil to harden.

well i have zero knowledge of all these building stuff, therefore i could only rely on her step-dad but i just got a feeling i might get rip-off from thais. well for now i dont care much as long as the whole building doesnt exceed much. The original plan was 150k baht max , but designer gave me a new quote 169k baht excluding his charges and misc . I hope to get it done with less than 200k baht.
Attachments
inside2.jpg
inside.jpg
บ้านแคด4.jpg
West.jpg
South.jpg
North.jpg
East.jpg
east
Thailover

Re: Question of Building house in raw land Sakon nakhon

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm

If you do a search for time settle fill on CTH you will find many posts covering your question. You can also do the same for construction costs, land fill, etc.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby olavhome » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Maybe good idea to let the land settle for one year. First have the rainy season so it get hardened and more compact. 8) :| :|
Then you also get the chancle to check out the cost for the build.
How about price for water, electric and connection to road ?
Have checked out about the owership of the land, who has the document (or do it belong to the bank :? )
olavhome

Postby Thailover » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 pm

olavhome wrote:Maybe good idea to let the land settle for one year. First have the rainy season so it get hardened and more compact. 8) :| :|
Then you also get the chancle to check out the cost for the build.
How about price for water, electric and connection to road ?
Have checked out about the owership of the land, who has the document (or do it belong to the bank :? )

wow one year is too long , i was expecting to get it build asap. the land belong to my wife's mum so i guess land shldnt be any trouble. water and electric unknown yet but we are building in her current house area which have already got water , electric.
Thailover

Postby Mike Judd » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:31 am

You could have compacted it layer by layer, but as you didn't and can't wait for it to settle properly, just dig the column pads down to the original ground with beams in for the walls. Or a properly designed Raft slab foundation should support the building that you plan to build. I've seen plenty of large factories built on swamp land that way.
Mike Judd

Return to land