land fill and clearing in Nonsung,udon thani

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

land fill and clearing in Nonsung,udon thani

Postby TIKKY » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:53 am

I have a plot of land in Nonsung, udon thani ,it far from udon-khonkhaen highway road about 200 m. , size of land 848 sqm2. I would like to clear the land and fill land raise up 0.5 m.

In last few weeks , I tried to find the contractor who could give me a reasonable price for clearing and filling the land in Nonsung, but it seems to be so difficult to find a good one. :x
1st contractor asked for 55k-70k ( but price can be change , it depend on distance between land and fillng source)
2nd contractor asked for 95k ( udonlandfill co.)
3rd contractor asked for 95k ( first they asked for 800thb/10 wheel truck ( 10 cubic) plus clearing land , but after my brother showed him the land then price's gone up to 95 k.

I have one sister who also live in england, she has gone back to Thailand last month and will try to help me find someone to do this job. This morning, she phoned me that she found a contractor who asked to clearing and filling the land for 95000 thb. She thought it was cheap.....but I don't think so ,because I read information in this forum and also asked different people about this.

I know it is hopeless but I want to try my best for it before I give up. Anyway if someone know a good contractor please can you let me know ? Thank you.

Sorry I put in wrong section, could mod move for me please , thanks.
TIKKY

Re: land fill and clearing in Nonsung,udon thani

Postby TIKKY » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:58 am

Today I am happy because I have found a good contractor and more reasonable price. The contractor said that to filling my land , there is 2 type of dirts such as soil only ( cost :52 k) and soil mix with stone( cost :60 k) . clearing the land cost: 3K.

but I am not sure which type of dirt is suitable for buiding a house. Does anyone know?
TIKKY

Postby pipoz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 am

TIKKY wrote:Today I am happy because I have found a good contractor and more reasonable price. The contractor said that to filling my land , there is 2 type of dirts such as soil only ( cost :52 k) and soil mix with stone( cost :60 k) . clearing the land cost: 3K.but I am not sure which type of dirt is suitable for buiding a house. Does anyone know?

That is a reasonable price. My estimate recently for filling 1 /2 was

10 weeks back when I was there I spoke with the Contractor who was filling some land over behind my plot and asked him what he was charging and he quoted to me, TB500 for a 6 wheeler truck = Approx TB 100 per m3 and TB 900 for a 10 wheeler truck = Approx TB 90 per m3

The market rate for Fill averaged out to about TB 90 per m3. The fill material that I look at then, apperaed to be Quality/Grade 3 -2, was a majority if red clay mix (it had no vegitation in it). He charged another TB 3000 for a Tractor for two days to spread the fill.

By my calculation to fill 1/2 a Rai you would need 400m3 (800 m2 x 0.5m), which equates to 44No large 10 wheeler trucks, plus say another 12% for bulking up factor = 50 No large 10 wheeler truck loads or TB 45,000 in fil material and maybe TB 3000 for the Tractor = All up TB 48,000 at todays prices.

Your land size is 848 m2 so any price close to TB 52K is a fair price in todays market to clear and fill the land. for Grade 2 fill.

You want Grade 2 soil for general fill over the 1/2 Rai, a which is normally mostly clay, that will pack down over a year or so. You do not want to have any tree roots, grass or vegetation in the fill material. You also dont need to have stones in it, you just need a good mix of clay, without any vegetation.

My suggestion is that you go an look at both types of fill material that he is offering or have him deliver one small truck load of each to your land, then pick the one that is clean of vegetation.

Later when you landscape you can get a few truck loads of the Grade 1 top soil and just place it where you intend to plant.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby TIKKY » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:26 am

Thank you for your advice, pipoz. This information is very helpful to me :) .
TIKKY

Postby jazzman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Gettiing prices for fill dirt here in Udon always seems to get people woud up. The trick is to get a Thai member of your family to ask for prices because prices for farangs are always about double. I remember once a farag being quoted something like 60,000 baht to have a backhoe dig a hole for his swimming pool (the actual prices are mentioned in the swimming pool forum). He finally got it done for around 6,000 if I remember rightly, by getting his wife's sister to ask, and also to say that the hole was for irrigation, because if you say 'swimming pool' a Thia contractor's eyes will light up like the screen of a cash register.

The other misconception is that we don't don't actually build on fill dirt. You will always need to drop your foundation footings down to the original solid ground - and then some.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby Aircut » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 pm

clearing the land is about 500 thb per rai, but maybe more for small plots.
Aircut

Postby pipoz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi,

Just to advise there is a large dam/pond excavation project going on, on the road down to the Sri Thani Golf Forest (Ban Tad, Udon Thani) opposite Hollywoord Lakeside Housing Development, some 2kms before you reach the Sri Thani Golf Forest.

Lots of Yellow fill that appears to be a Sandy Clay type mix, coming out that hole.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby TIKKY » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Now my land has been done! :D
Attachments
P1010169.JPG
TIKKY

Postby pipoz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:13 am

TIKKY wrote:Now my land has been done! :D

Hi , did you get the fill from the dam project up the road?

What did you pay for a six wheel truck load and or a ten wheel truck load?

pipoz
pipoz

Postby TIKKY » Thu May 02, 2013 11:06 pm

No, I didn't get the fill from the dam project.

It was 6 wheel trucks but I paid for complete job 60,000 thb ( filled , cleared and level land).
Attachments
P1010134.JPG
P1010124.JPG
I used this truck.
P1010105.JPG
filled land up
TIKKY

Return to land