Q. on perimeter clearance

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Q. on perimeter clearance

Postby expatriate » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:23 am

fredlk wrote:
expatriate wrote:So what gives with all the illegal ones?

My house on one side borders the road and between my window and the perimeter wall is only 1 metre. On the other side it borders another property and again I have a window 1 metre from the wall. All approved (and no bribes).

Fred, I see you are in Sattahip also. Did you get the plans approved yourself, and who issues the approval?

Thanks,

Peter
expatriate

Postby fredlk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:39 am

expatriate wrote:Did you get the plans approved yourself, and who issues the approval?

No I didn't, the architect did together with the builder. I think it was done in the main building of the Amphur on Beach Road. The Land Office is in there as well.
fredlk

Postby expatriate » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:47 am

fredlk wrote:
expatriate wrote:Did you get the plans approved yourself, and who issues the approval?

No I didn't, the architect did together with the builder. I think it was done in the main building of the Amphur on Beach Road. The Land Office is in there as well.

I know where you mean - thanks a lot. Fortunately I have plenty of time to sort this out as I won't start building for several months yet.
expatriate

Postby expatriate » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 pm

In case anyone is interested, the land office guys came out to remeasure the land and I talked to them about this. Naturally they were a bit reticent to talk about any violation of the law, but after chatting a bit, they told me that the Tessaban is the office responsible for approval; they would not normally come out to actually view the property; while the law is 2 metres exterior house wall to perimeter wall (with the exception noted in this thread) as long as it looks like the rain runoff is not going to fall on neighbour's property, they are not going to examine the measurement too closely.
expatriate

Previous

Return to land