Q. on perimeter clearance

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Q. on perimeter clearance

Postby expatriate » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi,

I need to know how much clearance the law requires I initially leave between the house walls and the land boundary. I am building in Sattahip, if that makes a difference.

Thanks a lot.
expatriate

Re: Q. on perimeter clearance

Postby fredlk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:48 pm

expatriate wrote:I need to know how much clearance the law requires I initially leave between the house walls and the land boundary. I am building in Sattahip, if that makes a difference.

As far as I know there is no specification for a blank wall but for a wall with a window it's a minimum 1 metre. One's roof should not force the rain onto one's neighbour's property either.
fredlk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm

fredlk wrote:I need to know how much clearance the law requires I initially leave between the house walls and the land boundary.

The distance in Nontharburi is two metres from the house walls to the boundary wall. The house roof must be one metre.
Roger Ramjet

Postby expatriate » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 pm

fredlk wrote:
expatriate wrote:I need to know how much clearance the law requires I initially leave between the house walls and the land boundary. I am building in Sattahip, if that makes a difference.

As far as I know there is no specification for a blank wall but for a wall with a window it's a minimum 1 metre. One's roof should not force the rain onto one's neighbour's property either.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm quite surprised. I don't know where I first heard it, but thought for sure it was either 1.5 or 2 metres. Because it's so important in this case - I have to ask (the wall will have windows), are you positive?
expatriate

Postby fredlk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:02 pm

expatriate wrote:are you positive?

No I'm not, but in Sattahip you have to have a building permit as well as a permit from the Navy and they'll tell you soon enough if it's okay or otherwise.
fredlk

Postby expatriate » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:14 pm

OK - thanks.
expatriate

Postby geordie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 pm

I think its legally 2 meters for walls with windows but thats between houses 1 meter you 1 meter neighbour look at a local moo baan
also as fred states for sattahip you need permits because its a military zone they i beleive have the final say fred can divulge more he went through the process
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby expatriate » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:12 pm

geordie wrote:I think its legally 2 meters for walls with windows but thats between houses 1 meter you 1 meter neighbour look at a local moo baan
also as fred states for sattahip you need permits because its a military zone they i beleive have the final say fred can divulge more he went through the process

Hi Geordie,
Yeah, I know a permit is needed. This is second house I'm involved with here, but the first time the ex-wife looked after getting that. Seems to be it was pretty routine. Should be this time too - there are houses all around this area, but I'm a bit concerned about that one issue. The land is narrow. I'd be okay at 1 m and probably 1.5 m as well. If it is 2 m, then that's a problem. This may be a stupid question, but regarding the distance from house wall to perimeter wall - is it the land office officials that decide, 'cause they will be coming out probably early next week and I could ask them if it is.

Thanks,
Peter
expatriate

Postby maximus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:45 pm

fredlk wrote: but in Sattahip you have to have a building permit as well as a permit from the Navy and they'll tell you soon enough if it's okay or otherwise.

slam dunk :!:
maximus

Postby expatriate » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 pm

I'd kinda like to know before getting all the plans together with the builder rather than after doing so, only to have the permit denied.
expatriate

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 pm

expatriate,
I have been assured by my architect/draftsman today, that the distance from the house wall to the boundary wall is a minimum 2 metres. The roof may extend out one metre from the house wall. He said it is law for the whole of Thailand. It's also what the Or Bor Tor and Tesaban told me before I built.
Roger Ramjet

Postby geordie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:expatriate,
I have been assured by my architect/draftsman today, that the distance from the house wall to the boundary wall is a minimum 2 metres. The roof may extend out one metre from the house wall. He said it is law for the whole of Thailand. It's also what the Or Bor Tor and Tesaban told me before I built.

There must be exemtions somewhere along the line house wall to house wall we have definately only 2 meters but they are still building all around here and definately some of them you would be hard pushed to get a footpath in around the house on moo baan we looked at was tiny bungalows to walk behind you almost had to turn sideways everyone had allocated parking about 8 sq mtres of garden and the road was so narrow they actually had passing places on it and allocated small gaps so you could turn the car without using somones driveway ?? 2 million + :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and claiming 70% sold so put deposit quickly :wink:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Shastadad » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:09 am

I was told by my builder that house wall with windows must be two meters from the perimeter wall but a house wall without windows need only to be one meter away. Thus the design has the house extending one section to only one meter and the wall with windows two meters. Plenty of room for a foot path along the full side of the house

IMG_4411.JPG
Shastadad

Postby expatriate » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 am

geordie wrote:
Roger Ramjet wrote:expatriate,

There must be exemtions somewhere along the line house wall to house wall we have definately only 2 meters but they are still building all around here and definately some of them you would be hard pushed to get a footpath in around the house on moo baan we looked at was tiny bungalows to walk behind you almost had to turn sideways everyone had allocated parking about 8 sq mtres of garden and the road was so narrow they actually had passing places on it and allocated small gaps so you could turn the car without using somones driveway ?? 2 million + :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and claiming 70% sold so put deposit quickly :wink:

Yeah, Roger is right and I thank him for that. It says the same thing at http://www.asiatradingonline.com/lawfaqs.htm but it starting me thinking. I rent now in a fairly modern mooban in Sattahip with about 60 units and started looking at the other houses, and measured a neighbour's. His is about 1.9 but at the "bulge" for the bathroom is only 1.6. Many are like that and mine is only 1 metre on one side!! This is all the original construction! All those measurements are house to boundary wall, not house to house like you said. If yours is 2 M house to house that is definitely illegal, not that it matters if the house is already approved and built. So what gives with all the illegal ones? Envelopes passed under the table??

Edit: At the above link it says if no windows 500 cm. I wonder if the authorities regard the typical bathroom high, narrow windows as "no windows" as it is pretty difficult to see out of them. Is it the land office that issues the permits?
expatriate

Postby fredlk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 am

expatriate wrote:So what gives with all the illegal ones?

My house on one side borders the road and between my window and the perimeter wall is only 1 metre. On the other side it borders another property and again I have a window 1 metre from the wall. All approved (and no bribes).
fredlk

Next

Return to land