Search landfilling company Pakchong / Saraburi

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Search landfilling company Pakchong / Saraburi

Postby hvdo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:12 am

Dear forum peers,

Seemed I have started at the wrong side of the timeplan. The land has been purchased, the builder is ready to start, the plans are ready but the land itself is not ready.
I need a landfilling company who could fill-up the land which is sloped 3m down on one edge, 2m on the other. Need approx 1000 m3, only 6-wheel trucks allowed. Location is Khao Yai, south of Pakchong, 5min from Mitraphap highway, 1,5h from BKK.
Company needs to carry out a proper filling, incl compressing, equalizing. Fortunately, the builder will start the foundation on the original soil, before the filling. So, the filling is no job stopper at the moment.

Any idea which company could do this job ?

Thanks, Harry
hvdo

Re: Search landfilling company Pakchong / Saraburi

Postby pipoz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:59 am

Harry,

You might want to consider buying the land next door (if it is available) and digging a couple of fish ponds in it, then use the excavated material from the ponds, as your land fill material around your house.

I plan to dig two 12m diameter ponds (around 4 meters deep) on my second Rai, and gives me some 900 m3, enough to raise the rest of my land around my ponds, by about 500 mm. This was cheaper than buying fill from a long way away, and trucking it miles to my place.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby hvdo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Pipoz,
Thanks, but that's no option in my case. It is a project, there are neighbours left and right. Besides at my age I fear the 1000m3 by a wheelbarrow will probably lead me a long flat bed position.
I am just looking for any company who could do this for me, and want to give them decent rate for this work. The problem is the company needs to be a local one because more than 50km from location it is probably too expensive. The location is Muaklek, between Pakchong and Saraburi. I hope the forum peers can give me some hints ( names, references ).
Thanks for ramping up the discussion though. Harry
hvdo

Postby pipoz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Alternatively just look around until you find some Local Government Body digging a dam or a canal or some other project (as I did ) and then approach the Contractor direct

I my case I found the local authority about to start a type of retention pond (off to the side of an existing lake) and just approached them. Had to wait a few weeks, but was first in line when they did start.

Had to haggle a bit of course, as the lady running the contracting Company started at TB 55,000 for 800m3 (which I verbally agreed to), then pressumably after she had a number of enquiries she jumped up to TB 90,000 and then after talks with the father in law, came back down to TB 65,000 for the 800m3
pipoz

Postby hvdo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Pipoz,
That's a dream price in my circumstances. Those people stare too much at the skyline of the project and get $ signs in their eyes + the farang effect of course.
Hence, if you could find somebody who brings me the 900 m3 (max 6-wheel truck allowed) for approx THB 130.000, I will give you THB 8.000 as an award. I have everything for this company to understand the situation and quote a price, i.e. photos, top view drawing with high lines, cross section drawings through the land, etc. I have done this, to have no discussion afterwards.
You are right with local travelling around, stopping at building sites. The problem is that I am not in Thailand for some time, I am dependent on the internet but this kind of companies are not really active on the web, they might only have a name and a cell phone number. Finding them is like a needle in a haystack. For this reason, I hope get the golden hint, you know a friend knows a friend who knows a friend who knows a contractor .... Thanks, Harry
hvdo

Postby hvdo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:45 am

Pipoz,
The location is 7km south of Muaklek, 150km from Bangkok direction north east. Its 460km from Udon Thani, 315km from Khon Kaen.
Roughly halfway between Bangkok and Korat.
Harry
hvdo

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Can I have the contact number of this landfill company?
Tommy

Return to land