Current Land Prices around Mueang Udon Thani

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Current Land Prices around Mueang Udon Thani

Postby dazzer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Have just got another price from Udon Lanfill Co quoted 70,000 thb, price is going the wrong way I am looking for cheaper, Pipoz I am depending on you :D
dazzer

Postby pipoz » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 pm

dazzer wrote:Have just got another price from Udon Lanfill Co quoted 70,000 thb, price is going the wrong way I am looking for cheaper, Pipoz I am depending on you :D

Had a look around two days ago, last Friday and found a earthfill Contractor doing a reasonably large fill job down at Ban Tat. Its about 2 kms down the road from the Si Thani Golf Forest, just around the bend. It is apparently is for a new large Thai Market and the land area being filled was about 10,000m2. Only problem was I didn't speak Thai and they didn't speak English. Job looks like it will take them another week or so to finish, plenty of 6 wheel trucks coming into it.

The fill material looked very good certainly Grade 2 and nice earth brown colour.If you are in the area now or have someone you know that speaks Thai, just have them drive down to Ban Tat (as I said 2kms past the entrance to the Si Thani Golf Forest) to the new Ban Tat Market site - Google Map Coords, 17.310491, 102.791820

Regards

Pipoz
pipoz

Postby dazzer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 am

Thanks very much for that Pipoz, I will see if I can get someone to go round and check it out.
thats one I owe you. " be there in 6 weeks maybe we can meet up " :)
regards Dazzer
dazzer

Postby pipoz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Dazzer,

The best bet is to just ride around on a bike in that area, down the road down from Si Thani Golf Forest and you will see a number of recently filled allotment areas. There is another large site that has been recently filled, straight opposite the Si Thani Golf Forest entrance where they are building a perimeter fence.

The other road that has a number of newly filled sites (several still being filled when I was there), was the Ring Road, starting at the intersection of the Ring Road (216) and Mittraphap Road (2), Road 216 meets Road 2(at Ban Chan) and heading West. If you head west from that intersection travelling along the Ring Road 216 you will see several large newly filled sites and some other large Warehouse types sites under construction, often with trucks with dirt heading in and out of them and along this Ring road.

If you have someone that speaks Thai, just have them walk onto the sites (same as I did on the market site) and ask for the phone number of who is in charge or who provided the fill. Or better still grab a truck driver and follow one of the trucks to the source.

I will be back around Songkran (mid April) for a few days and try again

Regards
pipoz

Postby jazzman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 pm

The irony with fill dirt is that it's basically free because it almost always comes from somewhere that needs to be dug out, such as a new or extended reservoir, etc, and they are happy to find somewhere to dump the dirt. The prices that are quoted are generally based on the transport and most of the trucks, even in what looks like a large fleet, are owner drivers who need around 20 years to amortise the purchase of the waggon. On big jobs like landfills for factories and new supermarkets, they also have to pay some key money to get the job, but they are guranteed several hundred journeys which is often more than they get for a couple of h ours work filling a private 1-house construction plot, and that, and the fact that the customer is a farang are the reasons why dirt is often disproportionately expensive.

In the Udon area, depending on when and where needed it, I have paid between 250 and 400 for a 6-wheel truck load.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby pipoz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 pm

jazzman wrote: In the Udon area, depending on when and where needed it, I have paid between 250 and 400 for a 6-wheel truck load.

TB 400 per six wheel truck load of say Grade 3-2 soil, would be a good buy in Udon Thani thesedays. I doubt you will get anything at TB 250 per six wheel truck load.

As I said in an earlier post the guy behind me, quoted me (2 months back) TB 500 per 6 wheel truck and TB 900 per 10 wheel truck and I thought that was reasonable these days?

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Dazzer,

Contact luffe1639 on his recent post under "Slow Build north of Udon Thani", as he seems to had got 300 truck loads of fill a few months back

Regards

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:58 pm

An update on land prices in Udon Thani.

Just in the process of negotiating to buy a plot which adjoins mine. It's just under 2 ngan (roughly 750 m2) for TB 300,000, which I think is a good deal, considering where it is.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby olavhome » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Should think so. Is it close to a road or near any center?
olavhome

Postby pipoz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:49 pm

olavhome wrote:Should think so. Is it close to a road or near any center?

Yes its only 200m off a main asphalt road (one lane either way), a couple of kms down from Hollywood Lakeside Estate on the the road down to Ban Tat

Its 10 kms from Udon Thani center (as one drives) and about 4.5km to the main road from Udon Thani to Khon Kaen

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:34 pm

olavhome wrote:Should think so. Is it close to a road or near any center?

Bought the land but it cost me a bit more. Must be the Farang factor

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:37 am

Hi has anyone bought any land recently, say within 7 kms of the Udon Thani city center on the south or south east side, specifically in the Ban Chan or Ban Kham Kling areas, say between 2 ngang and 2 Rai in size?

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Sun May 29, 2016 10:00 pm

Just wondering, has anybody been looking at Land for Sale, on the south side of Udon Thani recently (i.e. south or south east side or south west) say from 2 Ngan up to 10 Rai ?

And if so what size and what is the Thai asking price, thesedays?

Doesn't seem to be a lot on offer for sale, at present :roll:

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Paulie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:11 pm

pipoz wrote:Just wondering, has anybody been looking at Land for Sale, on the south side of Udon Thani recently (i.e. south or south east side or south west) say from 2 Ngan up to 10 Rai ?

And if so what size and what is the Thai asking price, thesedays?

Doesn't seem to be a lot on offer for sale, at present :roll:

pipoz

Been looking for nearly a year.
In the gf village bann Nong yai close to the airport they are asking 700k up to 1m for plots between 70-100 talang wah.
Since the ring road got finished prices have gone crazy.

There's a lot of land around this area mostly owned by the banks but even the local Thais are asking the same prices. These were Thai prices btw not farang prices.
Paulie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:59 pm

Paulie wrote:There's a lot of land around this area mostly owned by the banks but even the local Thais are asking the same prices

You can negotiate with the banks. Make them an offer when you find a good bit of land, they normally accept 30% less than they are asking. They also hold auctions every three months at head office where some good deals can be had.
Roger Ramjet

PreviousNext

Return to land