How deep is that land you would like to own?

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

How deep is that land you would like to own?

Postby MGV12 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:51 pm

This forum has been quiet for a while so i thought I would post something I just learnt on National Geographic

Not only can foreigners own land in Malaysia but whoever owns land there apparently owns it right down to the Earth's core.

Is this unique?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: How deep is that land you would like to own?

Postby geordie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:01 pm

I remember reading an article it may have been Malaysia that they had problems with infrastucture because of that very reason they were building a tunnel but had to line it up under roads in the UK i dug 4 meters for a cellar without permision and that cause havoc :lol:

IS land cheap there just think buy enough land to park the car and put the house under it ??
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Shastadad » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:06 pm

Don't know about Malaysia but in certain States in the US you only own the land above the flood plain unless your deed specifically gives you "mineral rights" and then you own as far down as you care to dig
Shastadad

Postby geordie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:36 pm

shatadad does that mean if you live in new orleans you own nothing ???
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby sezze » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Does it really matter , as long as there are no valueble minerals underneath ??
Wuld you in Thailand build 8 or 10m deep ? I would rather not stay on the bottom floor unless you have at least 2 pumps , with generator and alarm system for water detection.
I'm pretty sure that it would be better to build underground as for nature purposes , groundlevel only entrance and under the earth 20 or 30 levels with apartments/ houses . Massive isolation is in place , and i guess no extra heating is required . Also , once you get to ground level you have beautifull nature everywhere around . Would Bangkok or other big cities not look better ? Impossible to do , and mighty expensive but dreaming away never killed anyone ( unless you are driving a car ... :roll: )
sezze

Postby Shastadad » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:16 pm

geordie wrote:shatadad does that mean if you live in new orleans you own nothing ???

Before or after Katrina ? :lol:

That is why I stated it is US State dependent

A similar situation here in Thailand, HRM owns the beach up to the high (tide) water mark but he doesn't own more after a storm or unusually high tide
Shastadad

Return to land