Land Purchase Offer

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Land Purchase Offer

Postby patekatek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 am

Hi! Thai Cool House web site.

I am in the process of purchasing land in the Petchaburi area and would like opinions regarding the price the sellers have accepted. Actually, in order to provide a better idea of the location of the land it is about 7 km from the Kaeng Krachan dam. I originally discussed the purchase of 20 rai of a plot size of 35 rai. The sellers agreed to a price of 2 million baht for the 20 rai and they would clear the land of the brush and leave the larger trees. Now they called and decided to sell the entire 35 rai. The property has a concrete road and a government water line fronting the property and electric very close by. The land has a gentle slope from the street to the back of the property and will provide a great view of the mountains and hills around this area. No neighbors within site but I know this will change over the years.

OK. Should I consider this a bargain and just purchase the entire lot? I can always sub divide later and sell some really nice two or three rai lots to recover some of the costs.

YES!!!!!! IT DOES HAVE A LEGAL CHANOTE.
patekatek

Re: Land Purchase Offer

Postby fredlk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:44 pm

patekatek wrote:Should I consider this a bargain and just purchase the entire lot?

At 250 Baht per Talang Wah it's a steal. If it has the full chanote - for development - I wouldn't hesitate.
fredlk

Postby pattayapope » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:38 pm

I was up that way last month and stayed at the golf course to do some cycling with friends, nice area. I assume if they want to sell the whole 35 rai price is 3.5 million, I don't really know land prices around there but it should be around that price I guess from what I have seen for land outside of Kanchanaburi. One thing to consider are fencing it off to keep people from using it as a dump could cost a bit but I think worth it. The land we have in Kanchanaburi is 4.5 rai and we have post and barbed wire on three sides and chain link fencing on the front to stop garbage from blowing in and a 4 meter gate set back to allow 10 wheel trucks to enter. Another thing to remember is you will have to keep the grass cut back which could cost quite a bit with a tractor and may need doing twice a year unless it is used for grazing cows. Big land is big upkeep if you want it purely as a garden with grass and trees ect
pattayapope

Postby patekatek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:37 pm

The nice thing about this area in general is how much cleaner it appears compared to other areas we've looked at. We walked through and around the entire 35 rai and the only garbage was a helium birthday ballon that had come down. Imagine, no dogs, no chickens, no traffic. Hard to believe, but true.
I can see having to add a fence if and when this particular area develops or if appears that property crime is an issue. I hope it stays the way it is for another twenty years or so. When i'm 80 things may not bother me as much. :D

Thanks for the re-assurance that the price is, indeed, a bargain. I will hope to have the chanote in my wife's name before we return to the states in mid March. Then the real work begins.
patekatek

Postby patekatek » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:00 pm

After a hectic day on March 4 we were able to complete the purchase of our 34 rai in Kaeng Krachan and now have in our possession the official chanote for the land. The previous owners had already started to clear the land of the small nuisance trees and brush in anticipation that we were going to follow through with our offer. Very nice and honest people. Since they are having family members do the clearing in order to sell the wood for making charcoal, etc. They told us it would take at least a month to clear most of it. That's OK because we have to return to the states in 9 days and start selling off our house and other stuff to prepare to move back here and start the real work.

By the way, we were told about three times yesterday by a couple bank guys and a land office person that we did did get a great price for the land and one asked if we wanted to sell a few rai to him to build on. We told him to wait a couple years so we could charge more. :wink:

We found that there are several plots of land for sale around where we bought and the prices are around 150,000 baht per rai and of course some other plots for a lot more. Most of the property we saw is about 4-6 km east of Kaeng Krachan just off of highway 3499. Take a day or so and drive to that area to see how nice it really is.
patekatek

Return to land