Price of land in/around Pattaya

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Price of land in/around Pattaya

Postby Cookie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:48 pm

Hiya everyone,

i'm looking to buy land this year to build my first Thai house, i was quite surprised when looking at land around Pattaya at how expensive it is, i have got a budget of £30,000 to complete the project (land and construction) do you think this is realistic? i know it is impossible to give a straight answer as you don't know how big the property will be or whatever but in general what would be a realistic price to buy land and construct a medium sized two bedroom bungalow?

i will be waiting until hopefully the pound goes back up to a reasonable level, so i guess it will be awhile yet!

thanks for your help!

John Cook
Cookie

Re: Price of land in/around Pattaya

Postby pklongball » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:15 am

IMHO you will be lucky to buy a nice plot of land for that price!

You say Pattaya area? You may find some land outside Pattaya for 3k to 6k per talangwah but in the Pattaya area I think the cheap land is over 10k and more like 15k to 20k if it has electric and water
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Postby jazzman » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:04 pm

£30,000 will probably be too close for comfort for both land and a house of the size you describe, even in Nong Prue nowadays. You may be able to do it if you use directly hired local labour, and manage the project yourself. The best comparison is to see Dozer's main pages, while taking into account that we are 4 years further on. Other forums on this board will give you a good insight to up-to-date labour and materials costs. One CTH member apparently managed to get a house built near Chonburi a year or two ago for an all-in price (not including the land) of about 7,500 baht/m2, but not without some problems. When calculating the m2 size, include all the area under the roof rather than the inside living area. Bear in mind that the eaves overhang can easily add 50 m2 to a small bungalow.

You might still find a small bungalow on a housing estate at that price, but the garden will only be a 2 m wide strip around it.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby tony wall » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:28 pm

hi cookie i have just purchased a piece of land 64 sq wah in bang lamung to build a 2 bed 2 bath kitchen lounge dining room bungalow[holiday home]for me and my wife .water and electric on site,the land cost 176,000bat --we have had a price for complete construction from a local builder of 650,000 bat --the price sounds good to me but we will have to see if the build costs are as stated as builders usualy find little extras to add on to the final bill ,the house will be traditional thai construction with minimal timber used hope this is of some use to you .if you want to know more post a message i will reply
tony wall

Postby pklongball » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:02 am

tony wall wrote:hi cookie i have just purchased a piece of land 64 sq wah in bang lamung to build a 2 bed 2 bath kitchen lounge dining room bungalow[holiday home]for me and my wife .water and electric on site,the land cost 176,000bat --we have had a price for complete construction from a local builder of 650,000 bat --the price sounds good to me but we will have to see if the build costs are as stated as builders usualy find little extras to add on to the final bill ,the house will be traditional thai construction with minimal timber used hope this is of some use to you .if you want to know more post a message i will reply

That is an incredibly low price for the land! Good for you!
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Postby dozer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:18 pm

You say Pattaya area? You may find some land outside Pattaya for 3k to 6k per talangwah but in the Pattaya area I think the cheap land is over 10k and more like 15k to 20k if it has electric and water

I agree with this. If you are on the beach side of Sukhumvit or just on the east side of Sukhumvit you are probably looking at 15 - 25k min per wa. As you get out a bit, say Chak Nork reservoir (which is 6 kilometers from Tesco south on the East side of Sukhumvit) you are looking now at about 4k on up with 4k being on the Huay Yai side. (Here is one of Ms Dozers plots located near Chak Nork reservoir) .

HOWEVER and a big HOWEVER, if you don't mind driving a bit land prices of course start to go down exponentially as you get further out.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby t_soprano » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi Dozer,

Are any of the those plots on mrsdozers site still available ?

Thanks.
t_soprano

Postby dozer » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:26 pm

There are two plots overlooking Chak Nork available.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby nabeel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:38 pm

We have some plots out by the Prison in Pattaya, currently 4.5 - 5k per talah wah. Plot 4 (92) and 5 (100) = 440k and 490k. Water (well - see the small white building in the pics) and elect available, unmade road, all of the 6 plots have road construction included in land cost. Land currently open farm and pinapple.
PM for more info.
Attachments
4.jpg
Plots 2 n 3: 100 n 110: 500 n 580 =940 together
3.jpg
4 n 5, together 800k
2.jpg
Looking up the unmade road
1.jpg
92 tal.wah
nabeel

Return to land