Current Land Prices around Mueang Udon Thani

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Current Land Prices around Mueang Udon Thani

Postby ajarnudon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:58 pm

"Since the ring road got finished prices have gone crazy."
As a former Gold Coast real estate agent, I can tell you authoritively that prices being asked mean Jack s**t. The only things that should be considered are the prices of property sold and settled, and sales volume. Quite possibly with the new ring road announced, there was a lot of speculative buying, hoping to onsell at a higher price when the road was finished. So, prices paid before the road was completed probably represent a speculative market, and with knowledge of the road built in, there is no upside for those speculators now trying to onsell. The real test is the volume of sales - how many sales have taken place per month/year since the road was completed, against the number per month/year during the construction phase. If the latter is comparatively greater, then you can be confident that previous prices were artificially high, ramped up by speculation. This would seem to be the case if the banks have a lot of property for sale in the area. And as they are forced to meet the (lower) market demand to liquidate non-performing loans, prices will surely fall. If you analyse these market trends, you could be a beneficiary of the fallout, at the expense of some injudicious speculators. Be patient, and be guided by the volume of sales - a thin market is meaningless.
ajarnudon

Postby pipoz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:22 pm

For those of you who are interested in land prices, in and around Udon Thani, recently bought 4 Rai (7200m2).

It is down Wat Pa Ban Tat, some 9.0kms from the inner Udon Thani Ring Road in a straight line (under 14 kms from the Airport). The land borders onto a main asphalt road, with a 30 m wide frontage and electricity available at that point.

Total cost of the 4 Rai was TB 1,965,000 ( equates to TB 491,250 per Rai), including survey and quick transfer cost.

The current level of the land sits an average of 1.25 meters below the asphalt road level, so it will need extensive filing over time.

Assuming that I can get good/reasonable quality fill for around TB 100 m3 (i.e. TB 500 per 6 Wheel Truck load or TB 900 per 10 Wheel Truck load), it will cost around TB 250,000 per Rai, to raise back up to road level (including a 25% extra allowance/factor for Bulking & Settling). A good project to start next year once I find a Fill supplier :roll:

pipoz
Attachments
HF 4 Rai Farm  - 7200m2 (3).jpg
HF 4 Rai Farm - 7200m2 (3)
HF 4 Rai Farm  - 7200m2 (4).jpg
HF 4 Rai Farm - 7200m2 (4)
pipoz

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:46 pm

pipoz wrote:For those of you who are interested in land prices, in and around Udon Thani, recently bought 4 Rai (7200m2).

It is down Wat Pa Ban Tat, some 9.0kms from the inner Udon Thani Ring Road in a straight line (under 14 kms from the Airport). The land borders onto a main asphalt road, with a 30 m wide frontage and electricity available at that point.

Total cost of the 4 Rai was TB 1,965,000 ( equates to TB 491,250 per Rai), including survey and quick transfer cost.

The current level of the land sits an average of 1.25 meters below the asphalt road level, so it will need extensive filing over time.

Assuming that I can get good/reasonable quality fill for around TB 100 m3 (i.e. TB 500 per 6 Wheel Truck load or TB 900 per 10 Wheel Truck load), it will cost around TB 250,000 per Rai, to raise back up to road level (including a 25% extra allowance/factor for Bulking & Settling). A good project to start next year once I find a Fill supplier :roll:

pipoz

You might want to think about whether you want a pool on the land. If you do then you can use all of the earth you excavate to help the rest of the land level, that's where we got our house fill from.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby pipoz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks Jerome and I did think about sacrificing a some of the land at the back, and dig a pond, so as to then use that excavated material at the front, to raise the level.

At present my thinking is, that I want to keep as much of the 4 Rai for use as I can, but have it at street/road level, so that means just importing the Fill.

I will just wait until someone in the general area is digging a Dam/Large Pond and needs to off load the excavated material, as so hopefully get it at a good price. :lol:

pipoz
pipoz

Previous

Return to land