Builders in Krabi

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Builders in Krabi

Postby chris » Sun May 20, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi need a construction company can anyone recommend anyone in the Krabi area, and how much should the sand cost per load?
with thanks Chris
chris

Postby joe carre » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:32 am

Hi chris,

i dont personally know any builders in the krabi area but some good advise given to me was to use a construction firm from the north of thailand. They stay on the site and are cheap and reliable. Dont actually know any myself as of yet but am planning to go this way in december when i plan to build my first property.sorry its a bit vague but maybe you have connections up north.
joe carre

Postby jazzman » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:56 pm

The cost of sand is so negligible that's it's not really worth worrying about. It would be better to start looking at the cost of rebar, cement and CPAC - these are what cost money on a construction.

For a single storey house like Jazzmane's at http://coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/thumbnails.php?album=6
you will need about 15 cu for Baht 2,400.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Re: Builders in Krabi

Postby wwwbkkaptcom » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:29 am

Hello,

Have you found a good builder in Krabi ?

I have one but just found that he is so bad, my house is almost finished but seems to have big problems.

I need an engineer to find if the house could collapse and I would like to know if it can be useful to sue a builder ?

Thanks for your help.
wwwbkkaptcom

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:06 pm

wwwbkkaptcom,
If you are not a bot with a nick name like that: Nobody will recommend their builder for the same reason you stated. If you would care to read some of the builds all over Thailand you'll find everyone has had similar problems of bad/stupid workmanship. You'd also find out that most submitted plans to the District Office, Or Bor Tor or Teseban Engineering Departments which is where you should be going now to ask for their inspection.
If you wish to post photos of the areas you think you may have problems in and also state what the problems are, then we'll be able to give a better judgement... we do love photos.
You must read some of the building stories to understand the problems in Thailand.
Roger Ramjet

Postby wwwbkkaptcom » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Sorry for the nickname, but i'm not a bot.

I know all the problems in Thailand very well but just wonder what I should do now ?

Good builder must exist !

Thank you for your help.
wwwbkkaptcom

Postby jazzman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:28 pm

I'm not surprised at Krabi. Others may have been more lucky but in the experience of many people I know there, the prices are extremely high and the quality is exceptionally low. Home and pool owners are turning to companies from Bangkok and further north to go down there and do the repairs or finish the jobs properly.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
jazzman

Postby jazzman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Update: I actually was able to buy an unfinished villa (and I mean unfinished) very cheaply on a lonely beachfront in a place called Had Yao. The original Swedish owner had given up trying to get the original contractor to finish the project. It took me about 2 years to complete working very slowly and flying there and back about 20 times, but now it's done. I'm never going to live there permanently because my wife doesn't like the south, otherwise if I had been youger and single it would have been a dream come true for a sailing fanatic like me.

It's still a problem for people in the area to find builders and the place is dotted with houses that are unfinished after 7 or even more years.
jazzman

Postby wwwbkkaptcom » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:07 pm

So weird not to live the life that you want for a wife...

...when wives actually are everywhere and as easy as fishes to catch :-)

jazzman wrote:Update: I actually was able to buy an unfinished villa (and I mean unfinished) very cheaply on a lonely beachfront in a place called Had Yao. The original Swedish owner had given up trying to get the original contractor to finish the project. It took me about 2 years to complete working very slowly and flying there and back about 20 times, but now it's done. I'm never going to live there permanently because my wife doesn't like the south, otherwise if I had been youger and single it would have been a dream come true for a sailing fanatic like me.

It's still a problem for people in the area to find builders and the place is dotted with houses that are unfinished after 7 or even more years.
wwwbkkaptcom

Return to Krabi, Samui, Phuket