Phuket simple Eco (passive cooling) Thai House

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Phuket simple Eco (passive cooling) Thai House

Postby lvideau » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi,
I am new here. I would like to build a simple Thai house in Phuket but with maximum proven passive cooling design. Would any one be able to help me get some answers to the following questions:

- What would be the price per sqm to build a simple Thai style house in Phuket, everything included (septic thanks, electricity...)

- Any one know an experienced architect in Phuket or any where else in Thailand who has done Eco-Energy efficient design? I would like a simple Thai traditional house but with maximum passive cooling design to minimize energy cost to keep it cool.

- Any one know a reliable/reasonable contractor/builder in Phuket?

- Any one has experiences in building a perimeter wall around a land in Phuket? What has been the cost/m for a 2m high wall? (I hear it is about 1,000 B in other parts of the country).

Thank you very much in advance for any help you may be able to provide me with.

Laurent

PS: I really like the design of your house and the view. Having a limited budget, I am looking for a simple Thai house but with maximum energy saving characteristics.
lvideau

Re: Phuket simple Eco (passive cooling) Thai House

Postby incobart » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:04 am

Hi,

I can not help you with the cooling answer .. but I lived in a new single 1 floor thaihouse before, livingroom 2 bedroom kitchen bathroom .. and the owner told me it cost him between 750.000 and 800.000 to build, with constructor, in chalong. big and good material , standard.

Chris
incobart

Return to Krabi, Samui, Phuket