Price of land in Surat Tani, Trang and Nakhon Si Thammarat

Chumphon,, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Pattani, Phang Nga, Phatthalung,, Ranong, Satun, Songkhla, Surat Thani, Trang, Yala

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Price of land in Surat Tani, Trang and Nakhon Si Thammarat

Postby thomas.fontaine » Fri May 28, 2010 11:15 am

I am interested to hear from people leaving in these areas the current market price for lands around Surat Tani, Trang and Nakhon Si Thammarat which are:

- 50km away from airport max
- 10km away from the sea max
- 1 rai and less

Is 750k a reasonable price to buy a land there for future house building?
thomas.fontaine

Re: Price of land in Surat Tani, Trang and Nakhon Si Thammar

Postby prathap » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi. Did you ever find what you were looking for? We have a large beachfront property near Khanom and want to exchange experiences.
prathap

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:31 pm

prathap wrote:Hi. Did you ever find what you were looking for? We have a large beachfront property near Khanom and want to exchange experiences.

Hi Prathap, We also own a beachfont property not so far from Khanom, in Tha Sala. We've major problems with erosion of our land, during the last rain/storm season, we've lost a lot of land and trees. We have to build some kind of seawall, we've already visited a few similar projects, but it's already clear to us it will be very difficult (and expensive).
Do you have the same problem with your land?
I think I'll open a new thread on CTH about this problem, maybe there are members with some good advice or experience?
Rudi from Belgium
Rudi

Postby pattayapope » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Rudi you have to look at the post date, some of them are quite old and not so active. But please post a new thread as we have a lot of members with knowledge which may help you to solve your problem. Pictures are always usefull to see your problem. Also welcome to the forum[*]
pattayapope

Postby brianks » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:26 pm

We are now in the process of purchasing 4 rai of Oil Palm land in Khanom with plans to build house on the front of lot and let wife's brothers farm the palms. Property is several km out of central Khanom about 1km south of the main road into Khanom. Had been looking closer to town but just couldn't get anything done there with land approaching 1.5 - 2 million a rai (asking price). Plot has a slope backward, water line in front + water well on property, Electricity in front and Telephone line (Internet) about 200 km down the street. Dirt street to be paved soon (money has been allotted by government but ???????) and in good condition. About mid 300,000 per rai. Wish I could figure out how to post a picture of the Palms on the front of the property.
brianks

Postby MGV12 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:24 pm

brianks wrote:Wish I could figure out how to post a picture of the Palms on the front of the property.

This should help you out viewtopic.php?f=13&t=204&start=15

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby brianks » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:29 pm

This is the front of Property with Oil Palm.
Khanom & Blue Wood House 002.JPG

Posting picture process is a bit laborious. Having to resize them first to a more difficult file to find (for me) before locating them and uploading them is challenging. Don't know how enthusastic I will be to post many more. I don't do it often enough to remember the resizing process so have to reinvent the wheel each time. Oh, yes, practice makes perfect! :lol:
brianks

Postby geordie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:26 pm

brianks wrote:This is the front of Property with Oil Palm.
Khanom & Blue Wood House 002.JPG

Posting picture process is a bit laborious. Having to resize them first to a more difficult file to find (for me) before locating them and uploading them is challenging. Don't know how enthusastic I will be to post many more. I don't do it often enough to remember the resizing process so have to reinvent the wheel each time. Oh, yes, practice makes perfect! :lol:

Well you did it in less time than me =2 years to learn found it by accident then upgraded computer ?? and stuffed again what i do now that my non computer oriented brain can cope with is take the pictures and upload giving them a specific name then edit the size this copies them but it give,s two pictures one original one smaller the smaller has the dimentions under it :roll:
Then when i go to upload attachment instead of trawlinh through hundreds of pictures i hit browse then look for the new file i named earlier click on the smaller pictures and that seem s to get the job done my biggest problem was finding them easily = so i named them which is probably what you are supposed to do anyway ? if you are on a computer - pre windows seven you can send them as an e mail which will bounce back to you then save to desktop :D easy trying to e mail them will automatically give you an option to make smaller so yes to that load all you want then when you hit send it says no because you have not set up an e mail acount :roll: but lists the email and attachments which has an option to save just choose desktop to save the attachments its easy then to get them on the forum
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Some pictures of our land with the erosion problem, I also posted a picture of a similar seawall we want to build.
Rudi

Postby brianks » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 pm

From what I have read about sea walls having lived in Southern California near the beach for 67 years, once you put them in you can be assurred that the beach will eventually wash away right up to the sea wall and there may be no more beach left. Malibu is famous for that problem where there was once lots of beach but sea walls have been put in to protect the property and little if any beach is now there. Have to let nature take its course or have no beach.

Beautiful piece of beachfront property though. I have walked that beach from one end to another and in the past 4 years it has really been cleaned up from what it was years ago.
brianks

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 pm

I've made a drawing of a seawall in google sketch up, but I've no idea how to post in this topic, I' ve even tried with a print screen, but it didn't work. :roll:
Rudi

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Rudi wrote:I've made a drawing of a seawall in google sketch up, but I've no idea how to post in this topic, I' ve even tried with a print screen, but it didn't work. :roll:

Rudi take a look at this site.

http://blog.lynda.com/2010/05/21/how-to ... mac-or-pc/

Nice beach.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby sirineou » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Rudi wrote:I've made a drawing of a seawall in google sketch up, but I've no idea how to post in this topic, I' ve even tried with a print screen, but it didn't work. :roll:

If you are Using Windows 7 you can use the snipping Tool to crop and take a picture of your screen
or
in Sketch up go to file then select Export from the list of export options select 2D Graphic
then simply save it as a Jpeg in the location of your choosing.
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby geordie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Rudi there have been quite a few projects where old tyres were anchored down to prevent erosion chained together as a long mat they tend to fill with the material that was being eroded maybe a couple of layers of tyres then rocks on top or a few layers of tyres then cast a concrete honeycomb over the top as dressing it will hopefully act as a breakwater and retain some of the material washed into it how long is your exposure ?
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Thank you for your kind and helpful replies, I think it worked. :D

As you can see, most part of the wall is below groundlevel! It will be a huge and expensive project: 150 meter beachfront, please post your suggestions or comments :wai:

Rudi

Next

Return to Southern Region (excluding Krabi, Samui, Phuket)