architect, well driller, wall builder needed near Chak Nork

Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin, Pattaya, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

architect, well driller, wall builder needed near Chak Nork

Postby Attila » Sun May 15, 2005 6:33 pm

First of all, thanks to all involved for this great site. Such a massive concentration of real infos and good advice, that is REALLY great :D :D :D

And now my project, well, I (=my wife) bought some land near Chak Nork (with great views Smile ) and we want to start building our dream house now. We are trying to build a 5 million villa but spent just around 1 million :roll:

For a start we need :

- an architect to make our plans, and to get them stamped by the authorities, I guess in Huay Yai, in order to get a house book.

- someone to build a nice wall around the land

- someone to drill a deep well to have water. The neighbors are at 28 / 34 m, I guess we need at least that.

- and more to follow soon :wink:

Any help / info is appreciated!!!

Regards,
Attila
Attila

site

Postby dozer » Mon May 16, 2005 9:34 pm

Glad you like the site. Hopefully you will post your building adventures in the LOS as you go.

As far as the deep water drilled well, since I haven't have it done here no recommendations but there are a couple of different ways of having it done. Premium service around here is 60 - 80 k, they guarantee water flow (liters per hour) and it includes the pump. We were looking into it and a guy was around here and was bidding around 40 - 50 k as I remember including the pump, guarantee water flow also. Apparently it is much cheaper upcountry. Phone number of that guy seems to be lost but there are a lot of them around.
dozer
Site Admin

Re: site

Postby Attila » Mon May 16, 2005 10:21 pm

dozer wrote:...
Premium service around here is 60 - 80 k, they guarantee water flow (liters per hour) and it includes the pump. We were looking into it and a guy was around here and was bidding around 40 - 50 k as I remember including the pump, guarantee water flow also. Apparently it is much cheaper upcountry. Phone number of that guy seems to be lost but there are a lot of them around.

I got today indirectly (from another farang) the price of 1300 baht per meter, which the local deep well driller would charge. Sounds expensive for me though.

When you say 60 - 80 k / 40 - 50 k, for which depth is that?

I continued reading on your site today, all the blogs. Thanks for all this great info!!!!
Attila

sounds about right

Postby dozer » Tue May 17, 2005 6:57 am

That sounds about right. One way they can do it is to give you a fixed bid irrevelant of depth. So they will say 60k, guaranteed water flow, pump included, blah, blah, blah. The other way is price by meter. By meter normally would work out cheaper. Get a couple of quotes and let me know what you end up doing. For sure you will be getting a water flow guarantee.
dozer
Site Admin

Return to Eastern Region (including Pattaya)