House builder required

Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin, Pattaya, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

House builder required

Postby JW » Wed May 24, 2006 3:33 pm

Firstly I must apologize to Cruzing for not getting back in touch. My work has forced me to spend most of my time away from Thailand :(
I'll be in touch when I return next month.

My plan was to use the same builder that built the house up north near Korat, as he made such a good job.
But.......he turned up in Pattaya 2 weeks late, took 20,000 baht deposit then disappeared for another 10 days (that part I expected).
When he finally returned, far to much was spent on materials for the teams tin hut style accommodation, not to mention building it in the middle of the plot for the second house!
All in all they where trying it on from the beginning and when it came time for me to return to work oversea's, they had not even started on the footings.
Needless to say I sacked them.

So now I am looking for another builder, if possible with a falang to oversee the job while I'm away.
Can anyone recommend a good team, they don't have to live in the Pattaya area as the last builders did build very large accommodation, even has a veranda !!!

Thanks in anticipation

JW
JW

Re: House builder required

Postby cruzing » Thu May 25, 2006 4:42 pm

JW wrote:Firstly I must apologize to Cruzing for not getting back in touch. My work has forced me to spend most of my time away from Thailand :(
I'll be in touch when I return next month.

My plan was to use the same builder that built the house up north near Korat, as he made such a good job.
But.......he turned up in Pattaya 2 weeks late, took 20,000 baht deposit then disappeared for another 10 days (that part I expected).
When he finally returned, far to much was spent on materials for the teams tin hut style accommodation, not to mention building it in the middle of the plot for the second house!
All in all they where trying it on from the beginning and when it came time for me to return to work oversea's, they had not even started on the footings.
Needless to say I sacked them.

So now I am looking for another builder, if possible with a falang to oversee the job while I'm away.
Can anyone recommend a good team, they don't have to live in the Pattaya area as the last builders did build very large accommodation, even has a veranda !!!

Thanks in anticipation

JW

How about talking to John on this site. His wife owns a small construction company that he oversees. I know he has access to some building items we had a hard time finding when we built. Just a thought and he's in Chonburi too.

Cruzing
cruzing

Re: House builder required

Postby JW » Fri May 26, 2006 2:02 pm

cruzing wrote:How about talking to John on this site. His wife owns a small construction company that he oversees. I know he has access to some building items we had a hard time finding when we built. Just a thought and he's in Chonburi too.

Cruzing

Thanks Cruzing, I've sent a private message to John
JW

Return to Eastern Region (including Pattaya)