A needle in a haystack...

Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin, Pattaya, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

A needle in a haystack...

Postby thailen » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:56 am

I have tried repeatedly to find a lumber yard in Chonburi that sells framing lumber. I personally visited every shop I know in Pattaya, plus Home Mart, Home Pro, shops on Threpasit Road in Jomtien, but came up empty-handed. I need help in getting 2" x 4" and 2" x 6" boards suitable for decking and framing. I'd prefer pressure-treated, but I'm a realist; I'll have to creosote them if I'm lucky enough to find a place.
thailen

Re: A needle in a haystack...

Postby Shastadad » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Good luck finding creosote but I am sure the Thais have a local equivalent

Have you tried the lumber yard on the Southbound side of Sukumvit just after Ban Amphur? Almost immediately after the turn off for Ko Chee Chan there is a large lumber yard on you left

lumber.png
Shastadad

Re: A needle in a haystack...

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:27 pm

thailen wrote:I have tried repeatedly to find a lumber yard in Chonburi that sells framing lumber. I personally visited every shop I know in Pattaya, plus Home Mart, Home Pro, shops on Threpasit Road in Jomtien, but came up empty-handed. I need help in getting 2" x 4" and 2" x 6" boards suitable for decking and framing. I'd prefer pressure-treated, but I'm a realist; I'll have to creosote them if I'm lucky enough to find a place.

I would guess that you want to use US building methods in Thailand, good luck with that.

Most true timber merchants will have 2" x 4" and 2" x 6" but none of it will be cheap or pressure-treated. Thailand doesn't have a market for that kind of wood product. Thailand uses concrete and steel and you will find that using wood will cost much more than concrete and steel. Chandrite is the product to use to protect from insect attack AFIK there is no product to prevent rotting.

6” x 1” x 5 metre boards cost about $20 for a cheap wood
Sometimewoodworker

Return to Eastern Region (including Pattaya)