pvc/aluminium windows

Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin, Pattaya, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

pvc/aluminium windows

Postby teletiger » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:33 pm

I'm coming to Pattaya for 2 days tomorrow. Can anyone recommend any decent (and reasonable) pvc windows/doors showrooms? I am also interested in aluminium door/window showrooms. Thanks in advance.
regards
teletiger

Postby teletiger » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:14 pm

I posed this same question on another website, and somebody replied with the name of ARC. Though he paid 175,000 Baht to have a set of PVC patio doors supplied and fitted :shock: Is this for real? Anyone have any dealings with ARC?
regards
teletiger

Postby timon » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:09 pm

Hello I am the new ONE here , although I read here for a long time already.
In january I came to Pattaya for asking about window and doors to the company ARC too and I can agree, the prizes have a high level there.
They said one window with 1m/1m around 20000 Baht. :shock:
The worse thing I still haven?t found another company, it seems to be not easy to get it in Thailand.
When we came to BKK, we seen window factory , but unfortunately it been saturday so we couldn?t ask and watch there, that factory is close to Bang SUE
Subway Station.
So I am searching for PVC Windows too, I just build on my house the roof, but soon we need them too.

regards
timon

pvc windows

Postby cruzing » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:56 am

We bought 3 windows approx 32 inches by 32 inches and a sliding glass door 2MX2M for between 30,000 and 35,000 baht. The brand is Dorken through Home Pro. We are very unhappy with what we got from this company. Ours do not have screens---partly our fault for expecting them to have them---and they do not make screens for them. Also the ones we have the bugs and jingjoks have easy access to inside even with the windows shut!

We were in a friends new house in Chiang Rai and saw that this company does offer a better quality door and window with screens. Granted this was a 15 million baht house we were in, so i don't know how expensive they would be,but they do have a better quality window. Dorken does not have a website, but they are located in Nakhom Pathom. If I find the address I'll post it.

In the meantime here are 3 other companies in Thailand; plus I think Attila listed the name and phone number of the company he used. His windows are very nice and all different levels of quality depending on what you need.

http://www.aecasia.com/TRYBA/project1.htm

http://duro-products.com/

http://www.thaipipe.com/

Cruzing

P.S. If you notice most PVC windows are UPVC and have protection from the sun. I'm not discrediting aluminum by any means, and with the problems we are having with ours I would take aluminum over the ones we have now. Having said that. we lived for many years with aluminum windows in California and they were not energy efficient.
Last edited by cruzing on Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cruzing

Postby SVielha » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:27 pm

I would preferre aluminium frame windows.

PVC is not the right thing for so much sun.

For all the windows + one door inside in my new house, I have to pay round about 75.000 Baht.

And these aluminium is already 50% thigger then whats normally is taken.

Moskitonet is included.

I can tell you more end of next month, when I checked them.
Last edited by SVielha on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SVielha

Re: pvc windows

Postby Attila » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:12 pm

cruzing wrote:... plus I think Attila listed the name and phone number of the company he used. His windows are very nice and all different levels of quality depending on what you need.

An Austrian guy, Peter Wunderer, being in Thailand for many many years, and offering PVC windows made with imported PVC frames from THYSSEN, Germany. Office / showrooms on the road from Pattaya to the Motorway (not far from the REGENT school), you can see a big THYSSEN sign on the house, and another one near the Crocodile farm there.

Excellent quality. Colored and / or burglar resistant glass is available. Screens are available.

Much better prices than ARC :P

No website yet. See my other post about more details.
Attila

Postby Attila » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:25 pm

SVielha wrote:I would preferre aluminium frame windows.

PVC is not the right thing for so much sun.

For all the windows + one door inside in my new house, I have to pay round baout 75.000 Baht.

And these aluminium is already 50% thigger then what normally is taken.

Moskitonet is included.

I can tell you more end of next month, when I checked them.

Well, we had aluminium frame windows before, in our old house, and had planned to get them again. But then we did see these THYSSEN PVC windows. And there was no way back to aluminium :o

As cruzing said, there is PVC, which changes color in the sun after a while, and UPVC, which stays white, even after many years in the sun.

We took burglar resistant glass for the ground floor, and blue colored glass for the sunshine exposed South East and South West sides. Which means that the glass is much more expensive than the frame anyway, so you might as well get the better frames :wink:
Attila

Postby SVielha » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:19 pm

But in the end it`s just a question of money.

How much do I want to spend for windows.

I don`t pay 500.000 for windows, if the rest of the house is 1.2 million. :wink:
SVielha

Postby John » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:57 pm

Warning when buying cheap doors and windows in TH.
Make sure that safety glass is used on doors and low hung windows. The Thais don’t give a crap about safety and will quite happily sell you a 2 M x 2 M sliding door fitted with standard plate glass.

And by the way, if aluminium is what you want then shop around. You can get excellent quality doors and windows made using commercial grade profiles at bargain prices. Top quality aluminium doors and windows take some beating in the security and rigidity dept.
John

Re: pvc/aluminium windows

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Reading this post it's probably a bit late for a decision on which to go for with many readers. I quite liked the look of the P.V.C. windows and doors in a Show room in Khon Kaen last year (2011) but was put off by a Professional window installer friend and colleague of mine ,who works on mainly High rises in Sydney. He said that most of them are made with a steel innards that is inclined to sweat and therefore rust. How long they last before becoming a problem , I have no idea, but that was enough to put me off of them.
Mike Judd

Postby geordie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Mike Judd wrote:Reading this post it's probably a bit late for a decision on which to go for with many readers. I quite liked the look of the P.V.C. windows and doors in a Show room in Khon Kaen last year (2011) but was put off by a Professional window installer friend and colleague of mine ,who works on mainly High rises in Sydney. He said that most of them are made with a steel innards that is inclined to sweat and therefore rust. How long they last before becoming a problem , I have no idea, but that was enough to put me off of them.

Mike it would take so many years to become an issue its not worth worrying about the frame,s/windows are mitred and then welded -"sealed" so sweating should not be an issue it would be more of a worry where you drill through the frame for fixings where you break the seal on what is a sealed box the metal in question is 13mm x.5 mmor or smaller and there to give the window rigidity personally i would have assumed its stainless steel they use the same as they use on the locking and hinge mechanism more important is check for multi point locking - to stop warping also doors have three hinges same as large windows finally check that on closing its compressing the rubber gasket / seal
The house i am renting at the moment has got the crappest double glazing i have ever seen
the place was refurbished for £30,000 3 years ago the windows actually have draughts :( :(
my sister complained and i thought she was kidding they also used steel instead of stainless steel for the fixings and the hinges so rust will be an issue here eventually with signs of it already but only on the screw heads so not a major issue Here in the uk you can buy off the shelf double glazed windows very cheaply "" google wickes diy store or B&Q diy store "" for a look
the quality is better than he got here from a ""profesional company"" i am tempted to throw a few in a container :roll: :roll: depends on the tax :( but i reckon better than anything i have seen over there and more secure because of the multi point locking system
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Geordie, Assuming is one of the last things you should do in Thailand, you should know that.! But if they do use Stainless for the innards, O.K. I'am going for Aluminium widows and doors through out my house, at B2000 per sq mt installed, the firm I'am using is doing most of the houses on a new estate out side Khon Kaen. I've already checked out their work shop and everything looks O.K.
Mike Judd

Return to Eastern Region (including Pattaya)