Looking for land to buy in Pattaya

Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin, Pattaya, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Looking for land to buy in Pattaya

Postby thegrogmonster » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:12 pm

We are living in Australia and my wife wants to buy some land (decent house block size) in Pattaya as an investment. Does anyone know of any blocks for sale around the 1,000,000 baht mark. We already own a townhouse in Soi Nern Plab Wan and as the wife is now working she wants to start buying some property. I keep on reading about banks that are selling repossessed land or houses but I can't find any websites in English.
Any information would be appreciated.
thegrogmonster

Postby apetley » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi grog.
Few of the banks seem to have property pages in English I'm afraid.
Here is Kasikorns.
http://propertyforsale.kasikornbank.com ... 8,,00.html
Maybe you can sit down with the wife and get her to interpret.
Next time your in Thailand I would hike around some of your local branches and take a look yourself, they usually have many properties on their books.
Alternatively get one of the inlaws to do it and send you the details.
Another option is to visit one of the local government offices, NOT the Amphur, sorry can't remember the official name. Wifey and I went to such a place that keeps a listings of properties that have been subject to repossession and are to be auctioned. Bargains to be had there I'm sure.
apetley

Postby dozer » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:25 pm

You might also check the web referenced in this forum:

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=527&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

It pulls from a number of different sites and collates the info, although it is mostly in Thai.
dozer
Site Admin

Return to Eastern Region (including Pattaya)