Global House now Open

Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin, Pattaya, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Global House now Open

Postby cruzing » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:47 am

If you haven't checked out the new Global House on the way to Rayong, it's probably worth a trip.

They have more irrigation and plumbing supplies than we have seen in any of the other big stores. Mr. C was happy to find hose connectors for a very inexpensive price plus all the fitting etc. he'll need for drip irrigation. They also have all types of sprinkler irrigation parts to choose from.

They also have a double glazed PVC windows and sliding doors with mosquito screens (screens seems loose, but maybe that was only on the floor sample....easlily remedied anyway). The prices looke reasonable to me. If I remember correctly somewhere around 10,000 for a nice sliding door.

Global House offers a few furnture items and had a couple of washing machines, but it seem their focus is more on the supplies end....which is good. They do have tile and nice kitchen cupboards if you can use the standard sizes. Quite a bit of wood products......trim, plywood etc.

From Hwy 36 exit at the 3 bypass, turn right under the overpass and the entrance is down by the warehouse part of the building. Turn left and left again towards the parking lot.

cruzing
cruzing

Postby dozer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:35 pm

I'm glad you posted this as I have on my list to write something up about Global House. I have experience with them in Udon also and was anxiously awaiting their opening in Chonburi (which is later this year/early next year) when I discovered, as you did, they were recently opened in Rayong.

First, let me say this: They are the 'category killer' in home supply stores, meaning their prices are much lower than HomePro, Kanyong, etc, etc. I was at one point going to do a detailed comparison of prices between the Home super stores in the Pattaya area, this makes it irrelevant, as Global will have by far the lowest prices.

That being said, on our current project we still found that it is cheaper to buy metal from the metal shops, cement is about the same price. It is accessories (plumbing, electric etc) where the real saving are.

I also highly recommend Global House and I seldom highly recommend anything!
dozer
Site Admin

global house

Postby cruzing » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:08 pm

Global House does have a lot of good buys. We didn't compare the prices on PVC pipe for instance, but irrigation systems for sure they probably can't be beat.

When I first searched for Global house online, I got a chinese site with a thai link, so the parent company MAY be from China.

Also, Global House in Rayong doesn't seem to cary a lot of household items like Homeworks, HomePro etc. ....more the DIY or building end of things.

I Didn't see a lot of items there like on the website. Maybe the one in Chonburi will have more.
http://www.globalhouse.co.th/index.php

Mr. C will definitely be visiting again whenever he gets to his irrigation project.

Cruzing
cruzing

Global House Location

Postby bigpom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 pm

Hi Guys

Could you please be a bit more explicit with the directions for Global House, I've tried to find it a couple of times and came home empty handed. What and where is the 3 bypass on highway 36? and approx how far from Sukhumvit Rd is the store.

I'm after a 6 station irrigation controller.

Many thanks

Bigpom
bigpom

Re: Global House Location

Postby cruzing » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:23 pm

bigpom wrote:Hi Guys

Could you please be a bit more explicit with the directions for Global House, I've tried to find it a couple of times and came home empty handed. What and where is the 3 bypass on highway 36? and approx how far from Sukhumvit Rd is the store.

I'm after a 6 station irrigation controller.

Many thanks

Bigpom

It's in Rayong province. You can see it from the hwy. 36 doesn't turn into suk rd until you get past muang Rayong. I'm including a map. Turn right past Tambon Thampa where you see the 3 on the bypass road. You go under the over pass on 36 turn right onto the bypass road and then turn in down by the warehouse section, and go up the driveway to the main entrance. I tried to mark the map, but it's nto showing up on the attachment. Maybe it will show up when you click on the image.
Cruzing
Attachments
global house.jpg
cruzing

Global House Location

Postby bigpom » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks Cruzing

I misread the post, I was looking at the Pattaya end of Highway 36 near Banglamung.

I'll take a drive to Rayong and check it out.

Regards

Bigpom
bigpom

Postby jazzman » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:57 pm

You'll all have noticed how over the last couple of years I have been eulogizing about Global House. I'm lucky because we have two (relatively) near us: Udon Thani, and Khon Kaen (the HQ). You guys in Pattaya and Jomtien are even luckier now with Global 'just down the road' at 20 minutes away. Good map, Cruzing, although it's hard to miss from the highway - the sign can be seen for a least one Km.

The Jazzman house was built with a roughly 200,000 baht enhancement to Global's 2006 turnover, but in spite of the 1000s of coupons (we even made a rubber stamp to fill them out quickly), we never won the car :(

I agree with Dozer - some bulk items such as steel can be found cheaper by shopping around. In February this year I saved 60,000 baht on a load of steel from using another supplier.
jazzman

Return to Eastern Region (including Pattaya)