Pattaya, House Plans

Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin, Pattaya, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Pattaya, House Plans

Postby the limey » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:00 pm

The best place to have your house plans drawn up with garauntee of approval is of course at city hall, also using them to draw up the plans means you can start building straight away.

Plans drawn up and passed by them will cost about 12,000baht for a small 3 bedroomed bungalow, these if done privately will cost about 8,000 baht, but you cannot start the building until the plans are passed, if anybody wants the number for the guy at city hall who will do the plans, just leave a message in this thread.
Another example of city hall planning prices, for a 4 storey, 7 bedroom 8 bathroom type place they charge around 40,000baht.
the limey

Re: Pattaya, House Plans

Postby Attila » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:33 pm

Guest wrote:The best place to have your house plans drawn up with garauntee of approval is of course at city hall, also using them to draw up the plans means you can start building straight away.

Plans drawn up and passed by them will cost about 12,000baht for a small 3 bedroomed bungalow, these if done privately will cost about 8,000 baht, but you cannot start the building until the plans are passed, if anybody wants the number for the guy at city hall who will do the plans, just leave a message in this thread.
Another example of city hall planning prices, for a 4 storey, 7 bedroom 8 bathroom type place they charge around 40,000baht.

Well, I heard from a reliable source about a 2 % fee of the building total. This not in Pattaya, but a little outside, where it should be cheaper. Thus, if you build a 1 million baht house, it will be 20000 baht. However you need them to agree to your price idea first, they might think it is a 2 million villa.

This is for farangs only of course, Thais pay less.

Are these special prices by a nice guy for you and your projects, or are these prices for everyone?

Regards,
Attila
Attila

two different things

Postby dozer » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:48 pm

Yes, I believe we are talking about 2 slightly different things, depending on the area. In tambon nong brue it would be the augh baugh daugh (อ.บ.ต.) of nong brue. He does think in term of percentage points of your construction budget but he is reasonable, as you state Attila. Some might consider using a shadow architect also, as the skill level there isn't the highest.

City hall is for Pattaya proper I believe.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby the limey » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:25 pm

I dont believe it has anything to do with the construction cost as they have no idea of interior fittings etc, I assume its down to floor area and how many floors, the last house we done cost about 15 million, they charged about 40k for the plans, but then again its a granite and marble palace, just for stainless steel stuff we had made up was over a million baht.
another price we got for plans was for a 6 storey place putting an extension on front and back, for those plans they wanted 100,000baht, the work was only a couple of million baht.

I dont think they do me any special deals, but it sure hurries things along if your in a rush :)

I am just getting some plans drawn up for some small 3 bed bungalows, this is from a young lady who works at city hall, but the land where we will be building comes under hua yai juristriction, obviously these will then have to be taken to their offices.
the limey

city hall

Postby dozer » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:11 am

Must be that city hall carries such weight that even the hua yai plans will get immeadiate sign off from the augh baugh daugh of tambon nong prue.

The augh baugh daugh of nong prue (if you use him) really does do everything based on percentage. The first experience there was I thought the total was too much and I refused to pay. Then hearing horror stories from others (who didn't use the augh baugh daugh) we went back - but said we were going to build the house for 500,000 instead of 1,000,000. Not totally ridiculous, but unlikely. Anyway, he said fine and we based it on that. It is a totally silly way to do it, you just tell him your budget and he goes with it. Maybe now they have come up with average costs per sq meter or something, but then there were none. (This is a good thing for the customer).

Back to the augh baugh daugh for a second. It isn't him in his official capacity in the city offices, but is his construction company right across the road. He'll come over if you need plans done.

Guest: how is the architectural skill level of the city hall people?
dozer
Site Admin

Postby the limey » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:40 am

Guest: how is the architectural skill level of the city hall people?

For actually designing stuff? I think if they were good they would be working in the private sector.

One time we actually got the plans halfway through the job, the rest of the times after the job was finished, we just worked to our rough floor plans and fv.sv,bv.

Obviously our main interest is the civil plans.
the limey

plans

Postby dozer » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:47 pm

fv.sv,bv.
Don't get these abbreviations. Do you mean you have an original civil plan to build from and that the city hall one is just to speed things along?
dozer
Site Admin

Re: plans

Postby the limey » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:09 pm

dozer wrote:
fv.sv,bv.
Don't get these abbreviations. Do you mean you have an original civil plan to build from and that the city hall one is just to speed things along?

Sorry about that, I meant front view, side view etc, normally we do a rough plan or the customer does, this we copy and give to city hall and pay them to do the proper plans, we can then start building before the proper plans are done,Building permission is given as obviously they will approve their own plans, during footings and beam work one of the city hall civil engineers will check once per week to check your using the correct materials, rebar size etc etc, obviously most small projects are finished before the plans and building permissions are finished and granted. This is not quite the correct way to go about things though :)

I am now doing one completely legally, on the 9th of this month I gave the architect the rough plans, it should be interesting to see how long it takes to get planning permission etc so we can actually start, still, no rush on this one.
the limey

plan a head

Postby robinT » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:31 pm

:D

outline plans showing structural members are pretty much all that is needed,get it passed then do the real design

then do construction details - how you want the place built - fancy cavity walls etc. you cant assume the builder has anything other than basic blcokwork skills - and i mean basic

dont forget to design your plumbing and electrics as well before you start building

you will have to detail carfeully where you want cable channels or you will end up with surface wiring - yuk

same applies to plumbing - most negelected area

btw personally i wouyld never bury pvc piping, uses galvanised iron pipe for the buired stuff -= from bitter experience :lol:
robinT

Re: plan a head

Postby Attila » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:41 pm

robinT wrote:btw personally i wouyld never bury pvc piping, uses galvanised iron pipe for the buired stuff -= from bitter experience :lol:

Robin, can you elaborate a little here, why to use galvanized iron pipe?
Attila

Re: plan a head

Postby marklatham » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:06 pm

robinT wrote::D

outline plans showing structural members are pretty much all that is needed,get it passed then do the real design

then do construction details - how you want the place built - fancy cavity walls etc. you cant assume the builder has anything other than basic blcokwork skills - and i mean basic

dont forget to design your plumbing and electrics as well before you start building

you will have to detail carfeully where you want cable channels or you will end up with surface wiring - yuk

same applies to plumbing - most negelected area

btw personally i wouyld never bury pvc piping, uses galvanised iron pipe for the buired stuff -= from bitter experience :lol:
marklatham

plumbing

Postby mr Architect » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:24 pm

the best way to ensure you dont get any PLUMBING dramas is to use pvc pipe of 2 differing sizes .. a larger casing pipe and then your 75 mm pipe encased .

then if you need to remove any plumbing pipes you cn successfully
mr Architect

Return to Eastern Region (including Pattaya)