We're new. Information on Hua Hin

Ang Thon, Ayutthaya, Chai Nat, Kanchanaburi, Lop Buri, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin and Cha-am), Ratchaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Suphan Buri

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

We're new. Information on Hua Hin

Postby Ron in Vancouver » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:35 am

Hello,
We live in Vancouver BC and we are thinking of Hua Hin as a winter or permanent residence., We would be grateful for any information about this new area........ what it is like....recommendations..........discuss the building going on there..........prices, recommended locations to reside there.

Thanks@!

Ron and Ben
Ron in Vancouver

Postby Nawty » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:46 pm

Why would you choose to live/move somewhere you have ever visited...I presume you have never been there with asking a question 'what is it like'

I do not like Hua Hin...I like Cha am a little better, but it is not a 'new' place, it is a thai seaside town, overcrowded in my opinion and just not beautiful at all.

There seems to be a lot of develoment going on there, many new development sites and a lot are farang started. I know of a swedish company that is doing something like 100 houses there.

They have never built before, mum was an architect back in sweden and the 2 sons decided to get into it up to their neck.

A friend of mine from Oz, an experienced builder and project manager went down there to inspect it for a job and he pointed out many problems with design and construction that they had no idea about.

Anyway, my suggestion....come over, hire a car for a winter and drive all around the place and find somewhere special that you really like, then settle. It is cheap to hire a car for long term rentals and hotels/bungalows all over the place are cheap, you will have a ball exploring.

Mind you, that could be a silly suggestion if you are in your 80's and blind and cannot remember where you parked the car for example.
Nawty

Return to Central Region (including Cha-am and Hua Hin)