Looking for an Architect

Ang Thon, Ayutthaya, Chai Nat, Kanchanaburi, Lop Buri, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin and Cha-am), Ratchaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Suphan Buri

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Looking for an Architect

Postby hkexpat » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Does anybody have a recommendation for an Architect in the Hua Hin area? I have some initial thoughts on the house that I want to build but now I need to find an Architect to discuss the ideas with.

Also, what is the typical fee for an Architect to draw up the plans?

Thanks.

Hkexpat.
hkexpat

Re: Looking for an Architect

Postby cruzing » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:45 am

hkexpat wrote:Does anybody have a recommendation for an Architect in the Hua Hin area? I have some initial thoughts on the house that I want to build but now I need to find an Architect to discuss the ideas with.

Also, what is the typical fee for an Architect to draw up the plans?

Thanks.

Hkexpat.

The british guy, Gary, that is co-owner of the Pool Shop south of Hua Hin may be able to direct you to an architect. He has had all those houses behind the pool shop built and has another project under construction, or maybe even completed by now, down the road south and west.

Cruzing
cruzing

Postby hkexpat » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:06 pm

Thanks for your speedy response.

I know the shop and I'll contact them. But I really would like the name of a 'trusted' Architect in Hua Hin or in Bangkok that would be willing to draw up my plans.

HKexpat
hkexpat

Postby cruzing » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:33 pm

hkexpat wrote:Thanks for your speedy response.

I know the shop and I'll contact them. But I really would like the name of a 'trusted' Architect in Hua Hin or in Bangkok that would be willing to draw up my plans.

HKexpat

I'm sure he used an architect, as he is just the contractor/builder. But even at that, he should be able to point you in the right direction, or know someone who can.

Good Luck,
cruzing
cruzing

Pool Shop in Hua Hin?

Postby jazzman » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:30 pm

Hi Cruising, (or anyone else)

I know I don't really belong on this forum but I just happen to have a thing about swimming pools at the moment. Probably because I have posted so much about pools on this site, I have received a business proposition from a pool (or is it a constructor?) shop, apparently in or very near Hua Hin.
I would not have thought, HH not being Pattaya or Phuket, that there would be much living to be made from selling pools and pool stuff to farangs in the area. How many pool shops are there in HH and if there is only one, has anyone had any dealings with it? I and a few others in Isaan are looking for a reliable source of pool equipment at reasonable (NON Pattaya) prices.

If the answer requires discretion, you can always PM me.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Re: Pool Shop in Hua Hin?

Postby cruzing » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:11 am

jazzman wrote:Hi Cruising, (or anyone else)

I know I don't really belong on this forum but I just happen to have a thing about swimming pools at the moment. Probably because I have posted so much about pools on this site, I have received a business proposition from a pool (or is it a constructor?) shop, apparently in or very near Hua Hin.
I would not have thought, HH not being Pattaya or Phuket, that there would be much living to be made from selling pools and pool stuff to farangs in the area. How many pool shops are there in HH and if there is only one, has anyone had any dealings with it? I and a few others in Isaan are looking for a reliable source of pool equipment at reasonable (NON Pattaya) prices.

If the answer requires discretion, you can always PM me.

Hi Jazzman,

This part of the forum is open to anyone with info as far as I know. I'm not planning on a pool at the moment either, but I am gathering info so if we do it at a later date I'm prepared.

GDL poolshop, south side of Hua Hin after the flyover bridge, is the one we are familiar with. We've met two of the owners, both british. They import all their equipment from Australia.
http://www.poolshopthailand.com/

I see there is at least one other shop in Hua Hin http://www.huahinwhatson.com/poolvision.html

If I was going to buy filters etc. I think I would check out PAT
http://www.srawainum.com company in BKK first and then get some quotes from some other companies. email: mailbox@BLT888.com phone: 02-691-6789, 02-691-3443

cruzing
cruzing

Postby jazzman » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:20 am

Thanks Cruising,

I'll follow up on all of those links. My, you sure get around :)

I was only kidding about the forum, but this one is your special Pattaya/Jomtien page since Dozer had the excellent idea of creating regional forums.

I'm a long way away up here in Isaan.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to Central Region (including Cha-am and Hua Hin)