Garden Rocks & Stones

Ang Thon, Ayutthaya, Chai Nat, Kanchanaburi, Lop Buri, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin and Cha-am), Ratchaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Suphan Buri

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Garden Rocks & Stones

Postby schuimpge » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:58 am

Hello all,

I am in the planning stages for a large pond, about 5x20 meters.
For surrounding area as well as inside the pond, I am looking for medium sized (50 to 100 cm) rocks and stones.
Anybody know where I could get them?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Luc
schuimpge

Re: Garden Rocks & Stones

Postby pattayapope » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Luc without knowing your location it is difficult to help you, if you see any quaries in your area you could enquire there but you would need someone who speaks thai.[*] :D
pattayapope

Postby schuimpge » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Hello Pattayapope,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate.
I'm in Rangsit-Pathum area. I'll most likely have to go up to Saraburi-Lopburi area (if nothing comes from this enquiry of course). Got my wife and my staff to help on the Thai talk, so no worries on that.
Going to be a fun project, still need to talk with the owner, he has many contacts so he might be able to help as well, will start a thread on it over here when it gets closer to start over the next few months. (factory under construction..)
schuimpge

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Luc,
There's a garden place in Saraburi that has the stones or rather large rocks. It was located near Tesco Lotus but they later moved. I'll ask my wife if she knows where they moved to.
Roger Ramjet

Postby schuimpge » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello Roger,

Cool, that'd be worth a trip. I need to get a grip on pricing for it to put in an estimate for the pond.
Lot of stuff to sort out, I know how to build it with liner, but rather work out a quote based on concrete. Including piling, (it's next to a small river that get's into the Ta Chin river.) to make sure sure it lasts as long as the factory itself.

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Return to Central Region (including Cha-am and Hua Hin)