building a house in Chai Nat

Ang Thon, Ayutthaya, Chai Nat, Kanchanaburi, Lop Buri, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin and Cha-am), Ratchaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Suphan Buri

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

building a house in Chai Nat

Postby chi11wi1181 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:33 pm

hello everyone... i'm just trying to find some useful information on building my home, i know what your thinking.... there are tons and tons of useful tid bits on this website so why is this guy asking for more :?: well to be honest, i'm trying to build in an area that doesnt seem to be very popular :cry: Nong Mamong, Chai Nat to be exact, i'm trying to see if anyone has had any experience in this area and might know about construction cost or any good builders around that way, maybe some supply stores close by that deliver, anything would be greatly appreciated, i already have the land in the mrs's name and she says that she knows of many good builders but you know how it is... just trying to dot all the "i's" and such, any help would be greatly appreciated, oh yeah :roll: ... and i'm trying to keep my budget below 1 million baht.. thanks for reading everyone and as i've said any info is welcome....
chi11wi1181

Re: building a house in Chai Nat

Postby geordie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:33 am

Hi welcome to the forum don,t worry no one mids questions sometimes a response can be a bit slow but as you have already gathered there is a lot of useful info to be found on here
The wife is probably right about local builders the usual rules apply get as many quotes as you think reasonable and ask to see some of their previous work
sort out exactly what they will buy and what you will provide make sure 100% clarity and agree stages of payment
providing your own materials can work out cheaper no builders mark up
The farrang walking wallet may factor into this so check prices carefully with a few builders suplies and try to negotiate a loyalty discount as in you will buy everything from one yard as long as they are prepared to price match so you don,t lose out if you get blocks and cement cheap the roofing and steel might be dearer if you do a deal to buy the whole house there
structural stuff not fittings
as its often cheaper to find a global house or similar store to buy fixtues and fitting plus a lot better selection than the village
the other thing to consider (i fell for it) the village buy from global house ect and put a markup on it
Take a look at what otis built for a reasonable cost he is just hitting the last few touches
or knaj who set out in the right direction then blew his budget on more upmarket fittings
also jazzmans motel shows what you can do if the pennies are really tight
The best way is read through and decide what materials for the shell / roof
the roof is the budget eater expensive tiles and lots or steel or corugated cement sheets and a lot less steel
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Return to Central Region (including Cha-am and Hua Hin)