Hua Hin developments

Ang Thon, Ayutthaya, Chai Nat, Kanchanaburi, Lop Buri, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin and Cha-am), Ratchaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Suphan Buri

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hua Hin developments

Postby 2dandan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:31 am

I'm thinking of putting in an offer for a property at the new Avalon Resort in Hua Hin.
The developers at this resort apparently built the Eden Project and the Beverley Hills Resorts, which I think are in the Hua Hin region, although I cant find any details on the internet.
Does anybody know these resorts and are they well built and well maintained developments.
Any recommendations for a Hua Hin solicitor, who will look after my interests, and who is not linked to developers, would be appreciated.
Any advice on good practice or safeguards for buying off plan.
Thanks
2dandan

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:31 am

whoever they are, they certainly have a knack for coming up with intersting and original project names.

thomas

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:33 pm

As a construction company ourselves I always tell anyone who asks....take it slowly, check everything carefully and ask anything you want to. Particularly as regards the contract. It should be in Thai and translated into English. Do get a certified qualified lawyer to check it for you and listen to what he says. I have seen many people come badly unstuck by not doing this.

Make sure the land title is chanot. That is the only title I would ever consider in Thailand.

Check carefully the show house. Open and close windows, kitchen cabinet doors. Check for gaps, paint peeling, large concrete cracks. Have a look in the roof space. Fluch the toilets, turn the taps on. See if their is access to the plumbing incase anything goes wrong. Ask if the electrics is all correctly earthed and that they provide a certificate.

When buying off plans remember your deposit is normally forfitted if you don't go ahead within a certain time period or pull out.

If you need any further assistance please don't hesiate to ask me. As far as the company you are talking of, I can not say anything. I do not know them and have not seen their projects. I checkd on the internet and I like the spanish style look. Just check carefully and take your time.

Return to Central Region (including Cha-am and Hua Hin)