Wishing to collect more information Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Sawan, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Wishing to collect more information Chiang Mai

Postby Laurent » Mon May 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi forum members,

I joined the forum few weeks ago and I have found here so much useful information (I still have a lot to read). Many members are very helpful and give their advices and opinions on many construction issues.

I've seen several posts about Architects and Contractors and I understand that the forum does not allow to recommend any of them.
However, I would be very interested to get more info about architects and contractors in the Chiang Mai area: names and good/bad experiences (not on the forum of course, but privately by pm or else). I agree that someone does not want to recommend a person or a company as he cannot guarantee that the services/works will have the same results with another client but maybe it is possible to get some positive/negative feedbacks on particular companies/persons.

As I am not yet 100% sure of the design and the components of the new house to build, I would also be very interested to see houses to get more ideas and to discuss directly on site if some of you are kind to allow me to meet (Chiang Mai area).

To be more specific, I'm actually considering building a '"contemporary house" (meaning neither wooden traditional house nor modern glass/metal-flat roof house), 1 or 2 floors, 3 bedrooms + living room + dining area + large kitchen + small office + 2 bathrooms + garage/small workshop, not sure about a swimming pool in Tambon Donkeo, Maerim.

As I am quite new on the forum and did not post except for my introduction, I don't know if someone can pm me. Otherwise I would give my email address or phone.
If this post is not allowed by the forum, I would thank the moderator to let me know.

Thanks
Laurent

Re: Wishing to collect more information Chiang Mai

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon May 23, 2016 5:07 pm

Laurent wrote:As I am not yet 100% sure of the design and the components of the new house to build, I would also be very interested to see houses to get more ideas and to discuss directly on site if some of you are kind to allow me to meet (Chiang Mai area).

Why don't you use google and look at the houses there? Just enter house designs and plans contemporary. That's how I started and ended with a design from the Caribbean, then I contacted the local draughtsman and got him to draw up the plans.
Roger Ramjet

Return to Northern Region