Chiang Mai Immigration 90-day reporting

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Sawan, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Chiang Mai Immigration 90-day reporting

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:56 pm

MGV12 wrote:The short response to your post would be .... be thankful for what you have ... as inefficient as it to be.

It was actually better during the floods when we all had to go to the Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road and everyone was in the same room.
I've often wondered what the "Farangs" do that can't be understood and storm out of the place. :lol: And at 2,000 baht a day you wouldn't want to throw too many tizzes.
It would be far simpler to employ a college graduate in English and end all the amusement, but then the police wouldn't be able to arrest all those criminal elements in Pattaya playing Bridge for points. :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:The short response to your post would be .... be thankful for what you have ... as inefficient as it to be.

It was actually better during the floods when we all had to go to the Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road and everyone was in the same room.
I've often wondered what the "Farangs" do that can't be understood and storm out of the place. :lol: And at 2,000 baht a day you wouldn't want to throw too many tizzes.
It would be far simpler to employ a college graduate in English and end all the amusement, but then the police wouldn't be able to arrest all those criminal elements in Pattaya playing Bridge for points. :lol:

Plus maybe, like their colleagues in Phuket, holding onto foreigners passports illegally ... as those foreigners are merely 'passport holders' and the passport actually belongs to the issuing authority. Still ... that would be a controversial subject and we are a building website.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Posted my 90 day TM 47 extention April 21 sent by EMS return by regular mail total cost 40 Baht. Got the report back today April 29, good till July 23. Problem with early reporting is not getting your full 90 day so next time will post no earlier than 7 days ahead received back the official extension plus a TM 47 form for next time

No hassle and good service from post office. I have heard some are having problems reporting on-line from Chiang Mai.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:38 pm

BKKBILL wrote: I have heard some are having problems reporting on-line from Chiang Mai.

Indeed I had a problem with something that allegedly cannot happen but very apparently did .... twice!

Online submissions go via the central Immig server but are then diverted to your regional office for approval; dependant on the address you enter. For those who haven't tried online yet the address input is on the second page and uses a drop-down menu ... if you type Chiang Mai it will give you various options including Chenmai; unusual for a computer to use antiquated places name spellings but there we are. My January submission was successful and this time I used a print of that one to ensure I entered the exact same info. After a delay of two days [weekend so closed] I received my reply email ... REJECTED! I noticed that the regional office at the top of the page was Bangkok ... whereas my January return stated Chiang Mai. So I tried again ... and was rejected ... by Bangkok again. A visit to the airport office revealed that ... even though they do the online processing there ... nobody seemed to understand how online works :roll: They did however process my application manually.

My own conclusion is that someone probably sits in an office in BKK manually directing applications to the correct regional office ... and they got mine wrong. The BKK processors probably weren't capable of redirecting it [or didn't know how] so the easiest solution was to reject my application. The theory gets flimsier that this should happen twice. I showed the print of both January submission and current one to the walk-in 90-day guy at the airport and he agreed they were identical. "Mai pen rai" Having completed my walk-in submission he said "You come back here in July" I said that I understood retirement extension holders should report to Promenada "No you come here ... no problem"

As time goes by there seem to be more questions than answers. I will try online again next time but if not post ... if that fails walk-in ... if that fails :evil: Illegitimi non carborundum :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:10 pm

MGV12 wrote:As time goes by there seem to be more questions than answers. I will try online again next time but if not post ... if that fails walk-in ... if that fails Illegitimi non carborundum

Perhaps MGV12, just perhaps, Bangkok do not have the form (because you have the yellow book) that states where you reside? Or, perhaps Bangkok has gone digital and nothing works any more. Or it could be that Bangkok were the recipient of a recent hack attack involving the new wording of the Computer Crimes Act. It was stated that nobody was spared, including the NLA and the communications mob, that took down their computers, and maybe, just maybe, the hackers included Immigration.
Honi soit qui mali pense
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:As time goes by there seem to be more questions than answers. I will try online again next time but if not post ... if that fails walk-in ... if that fails Illegitimi non carborundum

Perhaps MGV12, just perhaps, Bangkok do not have the form (because you have the yellow book) that states where you reside? Or, perhaps Bangkok has gone digital and nothing works any more. Or it could be that Bangkok were the recipient of a recent hack attack involving the new wording of the Computer Crimes Act. It was stated that nobody was spared, including the NLA and the communications mob, that took down their computers, and maybe, just maybe, the hackers included Immigration.
Honi soit qui mali pense

Shame on someone that's for sure.

Maybe my door will be rammed open at 6am by a SWAT team ....as someone with a name nothing like mine and living in a different region is believed to be carrying out nefarious activities.

Better have extra coffee cups available just in case.

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Sun May 01, 2016 1:01 pm

MGV12 wrote:As time goes by there seem to be more questions than answers. I will try online again next time but if not post ... if that fails walk-in ... if that fails :evil: Illegitimi non carborundum :lol:

Snuck that one in he did. :mrgreen:

Uncommon Knowledge: The phrase "Illegitimi non carborundum" may look like Latin, but it doesn't exactly translate to "Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down."

Carborundum is actually the name of an extremely hard mineral (silicon carbide) used for grinding. Illegitimi suggests illegitimate, but it really has no meaning in Latin.

The phrase originated during World War II and is attributed to British army intelligence. It was later adopted by US Army general "Vinegar" Joe Stillwell as his war-time motto.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun May 01, 2016 4:52 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Snuck that one in he did

ille spurius a sneaky
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:

ille spurius a sneaky

Not in the least ... now please try to remain on topic :wink:

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Mon May 02, 2016 10:43 am

MGV12 wrote:
Roger Ramjet wrote:

ille spurius a sneaky

Not in the least ... now please try to remain on topic :wink:

:mrgreen: sed difficile est moderator :mrgreen:
BKKBILL

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:51 am

Another 90 day report done, was due July 23 mailed in July 14 received back July 22 with new report form and Annual Visa expiry date stamped in red, due next month.

From what I've been hearing was expecting the new Foreigner Information form with my 90 day report return but no.

Has anyone heard any more about this ridiculous form?

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2016/06/fo ... -thailand/
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:48 am

BKKBILL wrote:Another 90 day report done, was due July 23 mailed in July 14 received back July 22 with new report form and Annual Visa expiry date stamped in red, due next month.

From what I've been hearing was expecting the new Foreigner Information form with my 90 day report return but no.

Has anyone heard any more about this ridiculous form?

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2016/06/fo ... -thailand/

My report was received by Immigration on Monday 11th, processed same day and back to me on Wednesday 13th. In spite of the previous promise, the next notification date is 90 days from when this one was processed and not the expiry of the previous one. They insist we should send early but then penalise us for doing so. I did try online again but, as with the last attempt, for unfathomable reasons it ended up in Bangkok and was rejected. Exactly the same info supplied and circumstances as the last time my application was approved ... still time to do by post. Post from now on.

It seemed silly that they might require the foreigner input form with 90-day, due to the alternative methods available. From what I hear they did start off insisting that those doing walk-in 90-days did the form ... one guy was apparently asked to complete the form three times when he did a visa extension/re-entry permit/90-day on the same day ... ridiculous!!! I understand they have now stopped asking for it with 90-day but most of the time [ :?: ] do require for other services.

Apparently the Lampang office is now open, reducing the trip for those in the south of the province, but haven't heard directly from anyone on that. Anyone reading this know for sure?

MGV12

Previous

Return to Northern Region