Chiang Mai Immigration 90-day reporting

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Sawan, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Chiang Mai Immigration 90-day reporting

Postby MGV12 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:56 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:There's information on TV that the Japanese embassy has been officially notified that the move is going ahead and have been sending out information to their nationals. I don't recall the date but July 19th rings a bell

Yes I did see that [June 19th] but a couple of posts later a response [from someone very knowledgeable on these matters] stating that several Japanese contacted all said they have received nothing from their embassy on this subject. So :?:

Another post suggested that only the 90-day reporting section will be moving. Number reporting by post is increasing and the online option is likely to work properly at some point ... therefore this wouldn't place much of a burden on the 'Promenada' facility. Or indeed improve the situation much at the airport.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:32 pm

FWIW ... I just received this forward from a friend. Sent in good faith but I don't know Michael nor the originator so just posted as a maybe ..........

Good morning Michael,

The “buzz” is correct as the immigration office will close at the current location close to the airport and will open mid July @prom.

They will be located in Building A underneath Tom ‘n Tom Coffee.

Besides the immigration office we will open together with the IT department of the government (=SIPA) a 524 sqm co-working space on the ground floor of Building B and our 24 hour fitness (= 1745 sqm) has start fitting-out as well and is scheduled to be open end of September.

And still more to come @prom.

Best regards,

Marc Vermeulen
Director Promenada

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:07 am

Anyone used the postal submission for 90 day reporting recently?

My latest was confirmed by tracking as being received on 20th August and still no sign of it being in the return system. It's still only six working days and possibly'probably the frustrations of using the new Promenada office are causing more to post rather than queue. However .... already twice the previous turnaround time ... amid rumours that [like the online appointment system which is no more] Immig also want to do away with the postal option for 90-day.

Any experiences or opinions?

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:45 pm

You wouldn't what to make it easy now would you?????
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 3.13.28 PM.png
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:32 pm

BKKBILL wrote:You wouldn't what to make it easy now would you?????

Not even those who claim to be 'in the know' [?] or 'connected' with staff at Immigration appear to have the slightest idea what is actually going on. There are [unsubstantiated] rumours that CM Immig are outsourcing ... hence the 'Visa Assist' offices right next door at Promenada who will meet your every need and are strongly recommended [allegedly] by Immigration staff. As always nothing confirmed ... as nothing ever is. Staffing levels for 'retirement extensions' [for example] after the move to prom have been cut from two [for walk-ins] plus one who does the online appointments to just the one who does them all. I do actually feel sorry for that person.

The lack of responses [other than BKKBILL] suggests that our many members in the Chiang Mai catchment area don't have a problem with any of this.

BKKBILL wrote:You wouldn't what to make it easy now would you?????

'We' who chose to live in CM province ... by building houses and daily living expenses .. contribute a significant amount to the local economy. Are they causing us frustration intentionally or is it yet another case of a complete lack of understanding of how they benefit from our input? Anyone who actually lives in CM city [or environs] can see the developments that are going up in every area ... 'villages' cropping up everywhere ... enough shop-houses to accommodate half the population of China. There is a certain road into the city where not so long ago you could engage Myanmar workers [legal ones] by the day [maximum 300 Baht a day for those with some skill] if you go there now they only want 'price for the job' or even a full house build. Locally in my 'village' everyone wants more than the minimum wage just to get out of bed.

Where is it going? The bubble is inflating .............

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:19 pm

My recent 90-day posting by mail was received at Immig on August 20th. The confirmation, when eventually received, stated that it was actually processed at 13:38 on August 20th ... very efficient ... however that confirmation was posted to me on September 1st [twelve days later] ... so very inefficient; others report similar delays :wink:

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Update:

It would appear that currently reporting by post is the best option.

Online reporting seems to work for some but it depends on whether your computer data is correct/up to date/meets their requirements and even if they are it doesn't appear to be 100%.

Reporting directly to Immigration at Promenada works but is a lottery. Some report being in and out within the hour ... others report they were kept waiting most of the day ... others say they were told to come back the next day.

Reporting by post appears to be getting better. My previous report was processed the day it was received but wasn't posted back to me for 10 days ??? However my latest report was sent Nov 10 via EMS ... was received the morning of Nov 11 and processed at 13:36 ... posted the next morning and received by me just now .. 16:00 Nov 13. Who could ask for more?

IMO .. send it EMS/registered both ways ... then you know it got there and when/whether they sent back the confirmation.

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:12 pm

MGV12 wrote:IMO .. send it EMS/registered both ways ... then you know it got there and when/whether they sent back the confirmation.

I posted my 90 notification Nov. 11. Sent by EMS but asking for return envelope to also go by EMS was told "no can do" so put a three Baht stamp on that one saving a massive 34 Baht. :mrgreen: Guess Thai Post like most other government offices here is inconsistent. Time before this it took 28 days, the reason for posting early this time.

Got the report back today Nov. 14 so good until Feb./9. Problem with early reporting is not getting your full 90 days. :?
BKKBILL

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:09 am

Posted my 90 notification Feb 1 sent by EMS with a 5 Baht stamp on return envelope.

Received a typed report back Feb. 6 seems to be computer generated has a bar code, not one but two nice red stamps. Also got a new TM.47 form and this notification.

Good service and return time. :mrgreen:

90 Day info.jpg

Sorry for the poor copy, received it that way. :(
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:51 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Posted my 90 notification Feb 1 sent by EMS with a 5 Baht stamp on return envelope.

Received a typed report back Feb. 6 seems to be computer generated has a bar code, not one but two nice red stamps. Also got a new TM.47 form and this notification.

Good service and return time. :mrgreen:

90 Day info.jpg

Sorry for the poor copy, received it that way. :(

This is apparently the new procedure ... even though some [ :roll: ] are still saying they have been told no more reporting by post it certainly does still work; even when cheap charlie's won't pay for EMS on the return . :lol: :lol:

When was the date your last report expired and your new one started Bill? As you know ... previously they would stamp it when they processed it. By sending it in early you would therefore lose some of your 90 days. According to the slip you received " Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt"

Reporting online also works but apparently that's only if your submission is 100% the same as the Immigration computer records. If you make any errors when you fill in the online submission ... or for whatever reason your computer record on file isn't up to date it won't work. I can confirm that it does work as it did for me. After completing the document you can check the status .... if all okay it will show 'accepted' in the final column and then when verified 'approved' ... at the bottom of that page you can then print the receipt to put in your passport. Works best with Internet Explorer but many browsers [Google Chrome for instance] have a 'view this page in IE app'. Worth a try maybe? https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90 ... 7Action.do

Reports suggest that on some days there are in excess of 150 [their daily limit] waiting to do the 90-day report at Promenada ... and many get there way before the dawn!!!!! Other [unconfirmed] reports suggest that [if you are on a Marriage Extension] you can do your 90-day at the airport again ... far shorter queues but [unconfirmed] if you are on a Retirement Extension has to be at Promenada.

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:04 pm

:roll:
MGV12 wrote:This is apparently the new procedure ... even though some [ :roll: ] are still saying they have been told no more reporting by post it certainly does still work; even when cheap charlie's won't pay for EMS on the return . :lol: :lol:

" Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt"

Cheap charlie indeed some people just like too throw their money around :roll: . Please refer to number 5 on the Notification by registered mail form. Just following instructions. What could go wrong????? :mrgreen:

As for the stamping to old expiry date think that will start next time, what with the new bar code with my passport number below it and all. :D
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Nontharburi is going through a similar upheaval with their computers finally coming on line. They had a huge board displayed stating the time it should/would take to process all the different types of Visas, but as most of the staff don't speak or understand English that board is now hidden away from public view. But they do have a ticket system where you get to choose from 4 different buttons exactly what you need doing, the problem there was it was all in Thai. So two of us volunteered to write in English what each button was for. A lot of fun and games getting that "approved".
And then their computer system is out of sync with the ticket system, which causes all sorts of problems.
Our biggest problem are the touts who don't need a ticket, they just walk in with up to 50 passports and just push in to whatever slot they want, normally 90 days report, and so for those that get there at 8 am and get all their copying done, all their ducks lined up and then hit the door at 8.30 to get their ticket, there's always someone who has queued at the door before and tries to tell you that you have to wait, yet they have no paperwork and they aren't even there for 90 day reporting. Sigh. And then you have to wait for an officer to arrive sometime after 9 am before they can actually start work and the touts are sitting at the table.
It's a shambles and they insist they do not do online reporting or by mail, but my mate always gets it done that way. Shrug, it's a day out and entertainment I reckon.
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:33 pm

BKKBILL wrote:
As for the stamping to old expiry date think that will start next time, what with the new bar code with my passport number below it and all. :D

Could be the case as they did the same with the online ... 90 days from the date I actually submitted it. On the other hand ... TIT :) '

My error for inferring that a senior member might be a 'Cheap Charlie'.

When on reflection a 'Really Cheap Charlie' would have been more appropriate. The posted Immigration form clearly states "10 Baht stamp" whereas ...
BKKBILL wrote:Posted my 90 notification Feb 1 sent by EMS with a 5 Baht stamp on return envelope.
:roll: :wink: :lol:

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:29 pm

MGV12 wrote:My error for inferring that a senior member might be a 'Cheap Charlie'.

When on reflection a 'Really Cheap Charlie' would have been more appropriate. The posted Immigration form clearly states "10 Baht stamp" whereas ...
:roll: :wink: :lol:

Seems the less you pay the faster the service. :lol: :lol: My mistake it was only 3 Baht that was on the return envelope. I've been ripped off.

As me Mom always said "Waste not want not." :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
stamps.jpg
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:Nontharburi is going through a similar upheaval with their computers finally coming on line. They had a huge board displayed stating the time it should/would take to process all the different types of Visas, but as most of the staff don't speak or understand English that board is now hidden away from public view. But they do have a ticket system where you get to choose from 4 different buttons exactly what you need doing, the problem there was it was all in Thai. So two of us volunteered to write in English what each button was for. A lot of fun and games getting that "approved".
And then their computer system is out of sync with the ticket system, which causes all sorts of problems.
Our biggest problem are the touts who don't need a ticket, they just walk in with up to 50 passports and just push in to whatever slot they want, normally 90 days report, and so for those that get there at 8 am and get all their copying done, all their ducks lined up and then hit the door at 8.30 to get their ticket, there's always someone who has queued at the door before and tries to tell you that you have to wait, yet they have no paperwork and they aren't even there for 90 day reporting. Sigh. And then you have to wait for an officer to arrive sometime after 9 am before they can actually start work and the touts are sitting at the table.
It's a shambles and they insist they do not do online reporting or by mail, but my mate always gets it done that way. Shrug, it's a day out and entertainment I reckon.

The short response to your post would be .... be thankful for what you have ... as inefficient as it to be.

Slightly longer response: Don't ever consider moving to Chiang Mai! 'We' have postal 90-day and online 90-day and yet queues of as many as 200 people attending in person and waiting for the chance of a ticket to get 'processed' sometime that day have been reported ... many arriving before the dawn ... 150 is apparently the limit for queue tickets issued. The earliest reported person in the queue to ensure a retirement extension appointment on the same day is 03:00 and someone who arrived at 05:30 [posted on CTH but might have been marriage extension] did not get a queue ticket for that day ... and so ... "come back tomorrow". Bad news for all those affected but especially if you live way out of town/don't have your own transport/are infirm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MGV12

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Region