Chiang Mai Immigration 90-day reporting

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Sawan, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Chiang Mai Immigration 90-day reporting

Postby MGV12 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:49 pm

For some time I have been reading and hearing conflicting reports about CM Immigration's attitude towards 90-day address reporting by post. One member who used to do it all the time in Bangkok was told flatly by a member of the counter staff [officer not uni intern] not so long ago that it was not possible. Whereas in the reported minutes of a recent meeting of the CM Expat Club, a senior member of the CM Immigration staff stated that it was not only possible but preferred due to the congestion they continue to experience whilst waiting [forever it seems] for approval to build or move to larger premises.

I just tried it out for myself and today received back my new slip after a three working-day turnaround. I sent it by EMS [IMHO essential to do that in order that it can be tracked and you can print off proof that it actually arrived if you don't get a response] and also I enclosed an EMS return simply to monitor and report their efficiency in turning it around as you have proof when the slip was posted back. Total postage was 74฿ which is less than the cost of the diesel I would use for the round trip. My return slip was computer generated and with a barcode ... whereas on my previous visit the slip was processed manually.

You can apply up to 15 days before and 7 days after reporting date [updated later: for postal submissions it must arrive at Immig before the due date ... only personal visits are allowed up to 7 days after the due date]; they suggest sending it 20 days before your due date but as the new slip is dated from when they process it [not like a visa extension] I don't see the need to send it quite that early; but obviously don't leave it until the 'last minute'.

This information and the following details only applies to Chiang Mai Immigration ... although many other offices do it and have in fact be doing it for quite some time.

Photocopy the following documents:

Passport Copies
Do not send the actual passport

Passport page with photo
Date of Arrival (Last Entry Stamp)
Visa/Visa extension page
Permit to Stay Up Until (Last Visa Stamp or Extension)
TM.6 (Arrival/Departure Card)
Last receipt of Notification (Original) ... keep a copy
If you have a Yellow Book not a bad idea to include a copy
Completed form TM 47 NOTE: This is a CM specific form ( http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... e=download )

As always sign every document or copy you send

There is no fee or charges of any kind for 90 day address reporting other then if you are late.

Send all documents to the following address:

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

Thai version of the above address

Notify 90 Days
ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่
71 (ถนนสนามบิน) หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง
จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50200

Include another envelope [with postage affixed] that has your return address on it. Send by EMS/Registered Post from a registered post office.

N.B. The 15 days before and 7 days after include all 7 days of the week even though Immigration are not open Saturdays/Sundays/Public holidays.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: Chiang Mai Immigration 90-day reporting

Postby MGV12 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:49 am

Additional note:

I just noticed that my papers were actually processed on the same day they were received ... the return envelop then sat around for two days before they posted it back. The postman no doubt delivers every day but they appear to have a batch system for returns. Very efficient overall and much better than the possibility of sitting around for hours ... after you managed to park the vehicle! ... amongst a thronging mass of noisy foreigners. :roll: :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby oil » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:45 am

thanks a lot for this info
oil

Postby MGV12 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:26 pm

oil wrote:thanks a lot for this info

Let us hope that Immigration appreciate the contribution of those of us with positive intention and make it even easier to live here in the future.

MGV12

Postby thailazer » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:17 pm

Mailed in mine on Monday and no return yet on a Thursday. Must be a slow batch.
thailazer

Postby MGV12 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:24 pm

thailazer wrote:Mailed in mine on Monday and no return yet on a Thursday. Must be a slow batch.

MGV12 wrote:Additional note:

The postman no doubt delivers every day but they appear to have a batch system for returns.

Did you use EMS both ways? If so the tracking will tell you if it's on the way back.

If sent EMS it would be there Tuesday .. probably processed Wednesday ... and so I would expect posted Thursday and with you tomorrow; maybe :)

Chiang Mai Immigration ... as those of us who use it know only too well ... is a busy place and for 74Baht [if my memory is working] using EMS both ways is a bargain.

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Online 90 Day Reporting Not Yet Available in Chiang Mai

CityNews – Recent news reports have pointed to a new online form from the Immigration Bureau of Thailand that allows expats on long-term visas to do their 90-day reports online.

However, a spokesperson for Chiang Mai Immigration told CityNews that reporting online is not yet allowed.

“The project is under consideration and might be or might be not approved,” she said.

Right now, it is unclear in which parts of Thailand, if any, the online reporting is available.

In addition, the new online reporting site is currently only compatible with Internet Explorer, a rather outdated Microsoft browser. However, ThaiVisa reports that the service has been confirmed, and will be available through other browsers soon, and some users have noted that the service also works with some Firefox browsers.

Once the page loads (very slowly), the text reads: “According to The Immigration Act, B.E.2522, the foreigner who has received a temporary stay permit and stayed in the Kingdom of Thailand over 90 days must notify his residence to immigration officer every 90 days. He/She could notify via internet.”

Then, once you read through and accept the terms and conditions, you are taken to a page to fill out your details, including passport number and arrival card number.

The form says that you can submit your application up to two weeks before the due date, but in order to use the online service you must check in at least 7 days prior to your due date. If you are overdue you must visit the immigration office in person. Once you have submitted your application online, you must check back after a few days to confirm that it was accepted, a process that should take no longer than 7 working days. Once approved, you must print out the receipt and keep it in your passport.

CityNews will continue to follow this story and alert readers of any new updates.
http://chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=4833
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby thailazer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:55 pm

MGV12 wrote:
thailazer wrote:Mailed in mine on Monday and no return yet on a Thursday. Must be a slow batch.

MGV12 wrote:Additional note:

The postman no doubt delivers every day but they appear to have a batch system for returns.

Did you use EMS both ways? If so the tracking will tell you if it's on the way back.

If sent EMS it would be there Tuesday .. probably processed Wednesday ... and so I would expect posted Thursday and with you tomorrow; maybe :)

Chiang Mai Immigration ... as those of us who use it know only too well ... is a busy place and for 74Baht [if my memory is working] using EMS both ways is a bargain.

It did finally arrive, ten days after it was mailed from CM Immigration. Not sure where it was hung up. I just used a 5 baht return stamp, EMS outbound, but EMS both ways will ease the waiting trauma.
thailazer

Postby MGV12 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Report on latest reporting:

Posted EMS Saturday 7th Mar

Arrived Immigration afternoon Monday 9th Mar

Posted back EMS Weds 11th

Arrived here afternoon Thurs 12th Mar

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Posted my 90 report by EMS March 6

The return envelop had a 3 Baht stamp

Checked mailbox today after seeing MGV12s post, it was there but don't know when it was delivered so good till June 6 :mrgreen:

Think I got ripped off for a couple of days :roll:
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:05 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Posted my 90 report by EMS March 6

The return envelop had a 3 Baht stamp

Checked mailbox today after seeing MGV12s post, it was there but don't know when it was delivered so good till June 6 :mrgreen:

Think I got ripped off for a couple of days :roll:

That's the one downside I can see from reporting early ... unlike visas and extensions they date the new one from when they process the application; not from when the old one runs out.

At least there is no charge ...... currently :)

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:24 am

Online 90-day reporting for foreigners takes effect

So April-fools or not?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... from-april
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 am

BKKBILL wrote:Online 90-day reporting for foreigners takes effect

So April-fools or not?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... from-april

Shame it's only half-baked!

IE8 only!!!! Although with some fiddling around I understand it is possible with other browsers. If the link in the copy doesn't work copy & paste this directly into the url box

extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

No confirmation that it's been received/accepted!

And they still refer to it as address reporting ....

"Foreigners staying in Thailand on long-term visas are required to report to the Immigration Bureau every 90 days to confirm their residential address."

... when there is no place on the form to put your address!

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Whilst online reporting is very much still in the beta stage ... in Chiang Mai at least ... the best solution is still to report by post.

My latest report was posted on Thursday and the 'Receipt of Notification' was received today.

Will the Immigration Dept by moving?

There are rumours circulating that the Immigration facility opposite the Promenada Mall is being expanded. As usual there is no confirmation as to whether this is a fact and if so what additional services it will offer. The rumours range from the sublime to the ridiculous.

In Chiang Mai there are many sources that claim to have contacts at a senior level within the immigration dept ... Chiang Mai News/ThaiVisa/Chiang Mai Expats club/various Consolates. No statements nor confirmations of a move from the Immigration dept itself nor any of these sources. As TIT that doesn't mean that when you arrive at the airport facility in the middle of the night to queue for an 'extension' ticket ... as the online queuing system is completely overloaded ... that you won't find the gates locked and nobody home; maybe a sign in Thai to say they have moved.

MGV12

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:19 am

MGV12 wrote:Whilst online reporting is very much still in the beta stage ... in Chiang Mai at least ... the best solution is still to report by post.

My latest report was posted on Thursday and the 'Receipt of Notification' was received today.

Will the Immigration Dept by moving?

There are rumours circulating that the Immigration facility opposite the Promenada Mall is being expanded. As usual there is no confirmation as to whether this is a fact and if so what additional services it will offer. The rumours range from the sublime to the ridiculous.

In Chiang Mai there are many sources that claim to have contacts at a senior level within the immigration dept ... Chiang Mai News/ThaiVisa/Chiang Mai Expats club/various Consolates. No statements nor confirmations of a move from the Immigration dept itself nor any of these sources. As TIT that doesn't mean that when you arrive at the airport facility in the middle of the night to queue for an 'extension' ticket ... as the online queuing system is completely overloaded ... that you won't find the gates locked and nobody home; maybe a sign in Thai to say they have moved.

There's information on TV that the Japanese embassy has been officially notified that the move is going ahead and have been sending out information to their nationals. I don't recall the date but July 19th rings a bell
Sometimewoodworker

Next

Return to Northern Region