Copper Plumbing and Granite Chip Problems in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Sawan, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Copper Plumbing and Granite Chip Problems in Chiang Mai

Postby dozer » Wed May 24, 2006 4:17 pm

Feedback from David W
Thanks for the site and a lot of useful information. The stuff on copper plumbing in Thailand was particularly interesting. We are in Chiang Mai and the only copper plumber we good get was an AC installer. Unfortanately he mixed galvanised iron fittings with copper tubing- so a complete distaster! Another disaster area was granite worktops.
These I think should be called granolith not granite. Anyway all these so called worktop materials in Chiang Mai are just granite chips mixed with cement (not polyester resin) hence they are not waterproof and instantly stain.
These are just two examples from Chiang Mai. I have many others and will contact you again..............
dozer
Site Admin

Postby dozer » Wed May 24, 2006 4:22 pm

I found the same thing here, copper plumbers were hard to find. There is another kind of synthetic h/c pipe material I'll use on the next house. Feel free to join the forum and post your ideas.

keith
dozer
Site Admin

Postby Boon Mee » Thu May 25, 2006 12:15 am

dozer wrote:I found the same thing here, copper plumbers were hard to find. There is another kind of synthetic h/c pipe material I'll use on the next house. Feel free to join the forum and post your ideas.

keith

Tell us more about this new h/c water piping Keith.
Getting ready to finally kick off my project and 'am open to new ideas.

Cheers,
BM
Boon Mee

Postby dozer » Sat May 27, 2006 12:52 pm

Attila is the guy with the details as he has used it in his house. I was quite impressed by what I saw of it. Attila can you post the information?
dozer
Site Admin

Return to Northern Region