REAL ESTATE BROKER NEEDED IN PHITSANULOK

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Sawan, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

REAL ESTATE BROKER NEEDED IN PHITSANULOK

Postby falangsabai » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:08 pm

We have been trying unsuccessfully to sell a home in Phitsanulok on our own. We need a legitimate real estate broker, who can actively promote the property, and assist potentional buyers. We are very familiar with the Thai method of having people tell people about the property (do nothing further) and get 2% commission. This is not what we want. I've tried to find a broker in English on the internet with no success. My wife won't pursue it as she insists theirs no such a bussiness in this area. Has anyone worked with or know of a broker in this area?
falangsabai

Re: REAL ESTATE BROKER NEEDED IN PHITSANULOK

Postby MGV12 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 pm

falangsabai wrote:We have been trying unsuccessfully to sell a home in Phitsanulok on our own. We need a legitimate real estate broker, who can actively promote the property, and assist potentional buyers. We are very familiar with the Thai method of having people tell people about the property (do nothing further) and get 2% commission. This is not what we want. I've tried to find a broker in English on the internet with no success. My wife won't pursue it as she insists theirs no such a bussiness in this area. Has anyone worked with or know of a broker in this area?

Can't help specifically on your request but my m-i-l is excited [as she owns land there] about the projected path of the projected/predicted/possible high-speed train route and says that land prices are strengthening daily :?: as a consequence of the first link being reported as going through that area; if the Government can talk the Loan-Sharks into loaning them the necessary funds.

Possibly the usual load of hype and bull but ....

Is it therefore the right time to sell ... do you and yours know more/different ... are there other priorities causing the sale?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:50 pm

If you do a Google search for

thailand real estate broker

You should find a few.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:12 pm

falangsabai wrote:We have been trying unsuccessfully to sell a home in Phitsanulok on our own. We need a legitimate real estate broker, who can actively promote the property, and assist potentional buyers. We are very familiar with the Thai method of having people tell people about the property (do nothing :lol: further) and get 2% commission. This is not what we want. I've tried to find a broker in English on the internet with no success. My wife won't pursue it as she insists theirs no such a bussiness in this area. Has anyone worked with or know of a broker in this area?

Her you go :D :D :)
http://bit.ly/12OK4CZ
Sometimewoodworker

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Jerome, I like that one. :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
BKKBILL

Postby falangsabai » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:39 am

Thanks for your comments. The first thing I already tried was google search (english) and found nothing here in Phitsanulok. I am hoping that someone has had some bussiness with a broker here and can give me a specific name etc. Thank you.
falangsabai

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:24 am

Seems to be a few.
Attachments
Screen shot 2013-09-04 at 8.14.35 AM.png
BKKBILL

Postby falangsabai » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 am

Thanks for your responses. Yes, there are google listings, but these are internet listing/selling services. I've already used some of them. However, I'm looking for a real broker with an office here, who can actively promote the property localy. Many of our interested parties are first time buyers, and don't know how to go about getting financing etc. I need a broker who can guide them through the process. It would be well worth the commission. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.
falangsabai

Postby jazzman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:55 am

falangsabai wrote:I'm looking for a real broker with an office here, who can actively promote the property localy ... I need a broker who can guide them through the process. It would be well worth the commission. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

You may be expecting too much. The business of realtor, property broker, estate agent, real estate agent, etc., is not as widespread as it is in Western style economies. Thais usually already have the money they need' to build a house, or they own land that they can use as collateral for a bank loan. Due to the extended family system. family property generally stays in the family once built. The 'second hand' housing market is generally concentrated in modern housing estates (housing developments) and with the greatest potential for a re-sale in the upmarket properties and areas, especially those with a traditional high level of expat residency or beach/seaside areas.

Phitsanulok fits neither of those categories. Most of the broker websites returned by Google will be aiming at an expat market. Genuine Thai brokers - if such an animal exists - still probably haven't heard of the Internet. Even very large companies and manufacturers who have web sites don't respond with any particular alacrity to email enquiries and still haven't learned to use the phone properly in a commercial manner.

The bottom line is, if they don't know how to promote themselves, how can they be expected to promote the sale of houses in their portfolio?

The possible solution is to broaden your exposure to include potential Thai buyers and do a small ad campaign yourself, tell the banks in the area that you have some property for sale, and put postcard and sized ads on the pinboard in your local large builders merchants and supermarkets. You could also investigate the possibility of advertising over your local Thai radio station.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to Northern Region