Looking for A DESIGNER/ARCHITECT-Phitsanulok

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Sawan, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Looking for A DESIGNER/ARCHITECT-Phitsanulok

Postby falangsabai » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 am

We are planning to build a home next year Just outside Muang Phitsanulok. I have done a detailed floor plan myself and know exactly how I want the house laid out. But I am not experienced enough to know exactly how to make it happen, and clear on paper for Thai builder team. We plan to build partially over a pond, and need help with pin design, etc. Also a little help with roof idea, and any structural considerations. Would like a referral to a designer that someone has worked with in this way. I do not want to pay for a project manager. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Cost expectation?
falangsabai

Re: Looking for A DESIGNER/ARCHITECT-Phitsanulok

Postby canopy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Just a word of caution. I would expect many locals will take on this job but none will do a good job. By this I mean it will not be safe or structurally sound and have ongoing problems that need fixed. In this case it is imperative to get the design engineer approved and have someone on site who can verify every part is built to the specifications. You are on the right track, just make sure to follow through.
canopy

Postby falangsabai » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:20 am

Thanks for the input, I share your concerns. I am looking for a professional designer engineer that someone has worked with successfully before.
falangsabai

Postby elgato » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:55 pm

You might try asking at the Tesaban or Orbortor as their engineer/arch will usually draw up your plans for a reasonable fee to make a little extra money.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby Ians » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:44 pm

falangsabai wrote:We are planning to build a home next year Just outside Muang Phitsanulok. I have done a detailed floor plan myself and know exactly how I want the house laid out. But I am not experienced enough to know exactly how to make it happen, and clear on paper for Thai builder team. We plan to build partially over a pond, and need help with pin design, etc. Also a little help with roof idea, and any structural considerations. Would like a referral to a designer that someone has worked with in this way. I do not want to pay for a project manager. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Cost expectation?

Have sent you a private message re above.
Ians

Return to Northern Region